User activation

lt ltempest 25 Sep, 2018
HELP!
I have a Chrono6 form where an admin can add Name, Username, Email and password. Then in the Setup tab I have a Save User action which creates a new user in the correct user group. When I test the form the user is created successfully but is not activated and enabled when I view the User list.
​
I've dragged a User Activation action onto the setup below the User Save, but again this still does not activate the User account.
​
I cannot find anywhere in the manual an explanation of the two fields on the User Activation action:
​
New Block status
​
Activation code provider
​
Both seem to be required but I have no idea what to add!
​
How can I automatically activate the User?
​
Please help, this ix the final item I need to complete the site!
​
Lee
he healyhatman 25 Sep, 2018
No need for a user activation item. In your save user action, just set blocked status provider to 0 and leave Activation code provider blank.
Gr GreyHead 27 Sep, 2018
Hi Lee,
​
Be careful using automatic registration - you need to have something in place to check that these are genuine requests.
​
Bob
lt ltempest 27 Sep, 2018
Bob,
Thanks for the heads up, the User generation form is behind a restricted menu login, as the client wants his employees to be able to create users, but not provide them access to the Joomla backend.
​
I will remember on future forms to setup an account creation notification!
​
Lee
This topic is locked and no more replies can be posted.