submitStep2) the user is presented a prepay summary, generates a bank reference number and all other data. Email is sent to the admin with the ad-data, sender-data and bank reference. Another email is sent to the email-address given in the form, including the payment details.This is all done already. What would be the ultimate goal:The data "title" and "text" would be inserted as a basic Joomla!-article, into the category selected in the dropdown "type/category". And as unpublished of cource. This way the admin can check, when the payment is ready, just publish the advertisement-article or edit and publish. I have made components myself and php/mysql is familiar. Does somebody know a framework method to insert the article easily, so I would not have to use custom mysql to do this?Thanks"> [Solved] Form data directly into an article - Forums

Forums

[Solved] Form data directly into an article

naghris 17 Dec, 2008
Hi,

another tricky need:

A custom add/order and advertisement -system with chronoforms:

Step1) A form with "title" and "text" and a dropdown "type/category". --> submit
Step2) the user is presented a prepay summary, generates a bank reference number and all other data. Email is sent to the admin with the ad-data, sender-data and bank reference. Another email is sent to the email-address given in the form, including the payment details.

This is all done already.

What would be the ultimate goal:

The data "title" and "text" would be inserted as a basic Joomla!-article, into the category selected in the dropdown "type/category". And as unpublished of cource. This way the admin can check, when the payment is ready, just publish the advertisement-article or edit and publish.

I have made components myself and php/mysql is familiar. Does somebody know a framework method to insert the article easily, so I would not have to use custom mysql to do this?

Thanks
Max_admin 17 Dec, 2008
Hi naghris,

No need for any custom code here, check how the submitcontent pack is built, that's what you need, get it from Downloads/Chronoforms applications/ from the site here!🙂

if you like CF then please vote for us at the JED

Regards
Max
Max
ChronoForms developer...
Did you try ChronoMyAdmin for managing your Joomla database tables ?
naghris 18 Dec, 2008
Greaat!

So simple. I will vote and also get a license right now🙂 You rock
This topic is locked and no more replies can be posted.