Migrating CFv5 and CCv5 to CFv7

mo momentis 23 Sep, 2022
I have several forms and connections still running in v5 of each. I am starting the process of updating these. Should I replace CCv5 with CCv6, or do I do all of it in CFv7 with Connectivity apps? I am confused by which route to pursue.
Gr GreyHead 26 Sep, 2022
Hi Rick,
​
Probably best and simplest to skip CFv6 and go straight to CFv7. You can import CFv5 forms there but. as ever, some tweaking will be required.
​
Bob
mo momentis 26 Sep, 2022
Thanks, Bob!
​
I did import a form and didn't have to do too much to it. Replacing the CCv5 is another story because I am thoroughly confused by how to do it in CFv7. Back to the bottom of the learning curve!! LOL
​
Rick
Gr GreyHead 27 Sep, 2022
Hi Rick,
​
Good to hear that the form worked OK. I don't know much about CFv7 and nothing about replacing CCv5 so can't help much there :-(
​
Bob
mo momentis 27 Sep, 2022
Understood!! I did this to myself by waiting SO long to get into CC after v5. But things just worked so I left well-enough alone. It's just a huge paradigm shift in newer versions but I think I'll get it.
​
Rick
no nokia_kid 26 Oct, 2022
I have just updated my Chronoforms v5 to V7 and when I try to use my imported file from v5 it no longer works in V7 can anyone help, I have zero programming knowledge so it needs to be step by step. I get the attached fault when I try to run my form:
​
​


[h1]An error has occurred.[/h1]

0 HY000, 1364, Field 'uniq_id' doesn't have a default value


Call stack#FunctionLocation1()JROOT/libraries/vendor/joomla/database/src/Pdo/PdoDriver.php:4982Joomla\Database\Pdo\PdoDriver->execute()JROOT/plugins/system/chronog3_plg/chronog3/libs/joomla/database_adapter.php:1413G3\L\Joomla\DatabaseAdapter->execute_query()JROOT/plugins/system/chronog3_plg/chronog3/libs/model.php:12624G3\L\Model->insert()JROOT/administrator/components/com_chronoforms7/chronoforms/libs/models.php:2095G3\A\E\Chronoforms\L\Models->save()JROOT/administrator/components/com_chronoforms7/chronoforms/functions/save_data/save_data_output.php:86include()JROOT/plugins/system/chronog3_plg/chronog3/libs/traits/load_file.php:217G3\L\Component->load_file()JROOT/administrator/components/com_chronoforms7/chronoforms/libs/page.php:448G3\A\E\Chronoforms\L\Page->fn()JROOT/administrator/components/com_chronoforms7/chronoforms/libs/page.php:3659G3\A\E\Chronoforms\L\Page->event()JROOT/administrator/components/com_chronoforms7/chronoforms/controllers/manager.php:10410G3\A\E\Chronoforms\C\Manager->index()JROOT/plugins/system/chronog3_plg/chronog3/libs/app.php:30411G3\L\App->processAction()JROOT/plugins/system/chronog3_plg/chronog3/libs/app.php:24312G3\L\App->dispatch()JROOT/plugins/system/chronog3_plg/chronog3/libs/app.php:7813G3\L\App::call()JROOT/plugins/system/chronog3_plg/chronog3/libs/app_loader.php:6714G3\L\AppLoader->__construct()JROOT/administrator/components/com_chronoforms7/chronoforms7.php:2015require_once()JROOT/libraries/src/Dispatcher/LegacyComponentDispatcher.php:7116Joomla\CMS\Dispatcher\LegacyComponentDispatcher::Joomla\CMS\Dispatcher\{closure}()JROOT/libraries/src/Dispatcher/LegacyComponentDispatcher.php:7317Joomla\CMS\Dispatcher\LegacyComponentDispatcher->dispatch()JROOT/libraries/src/Component/ComponentHelper.php:35518Joomla\CMS\Component\ComponentHelper::renderComponent()JROOT/libraries/src/Application/AdministratorApplication.php:14319Joomla\CMS\Application\AdministratorApplication->dispatch()JROOT/libraries/src/Application/AdministratorApplication.php:18620Joomla\CMS\Application\AdministratorApplication->doExecute()JROOT/libraries/src/Application/CMSApplication.php:29421Joomla\CMS\Application\CMSApplication->execute()JROOT/administrator/includes/app.php:6122require_once()JROOT/administrator/index.php:32
 Return to Dashboard
This topic is locked and no more replies can be posted.