How to set up a dynamic reply email address?

Set up a dynamic reply-to email address in ChronoForms.

Overview

The issue occurs when users cannot locate the reply-to settings in newer CF versions to dynamically set the reply address based on form submissions.
Navigate to the Form > Pages tab, edit the email action in the On Submit event, and use shortcodes like {data:email} in the Reply To field to set the dynamic address.

Answered
ChronoForms v6
ko kotisivutohtori 18 Mar, 2020
Hi
we are moving from v5 to v6 and I don't see the same kind of advanced tab where I could set up a dynamic reply address. The idea is that the reply address would be the email address given by the same as in the form submission. I cannot find any instructions how to do this. Please explain exactly how to do this. Thanks!
​
- Anne
​
p.s. I would also recommend making step by step instrutions with images about how to create a form and expecially how to set up the emails. I could not find any general instrucions for these and find the component quite difficult to use without instructions.
Gr GreyHead 19 Mar, 2020
Answer
Hi Anne,
​
If you open the Form > Pages tab do you see your email action in the On Submit event? You can open the settings for this and scroll down to the Reply To settings - you can use shortcodes there like {data:email} and {data:name}
​
There is a manual for CFv6 you can download from the downloads page here. It is a little out of date but should give you what you need.
​
Bob
Li LikeStuff 26 Oct, 2020
Hi there,
​
I'm trying to accomplish the same thing.
​
Can you please let me know where to find the "reply to" settings?

When I click on Pages > Actions, then I click Edit to Edit the Email. The below is all I see - I don't see "reply to". What am I missing?

Recipients list
Subject
Body
Attachment Settings
Send Settings
​
Thanks
Max_admin Max_admin 27 Oct, 2020
I would recommend using v7!
Max, ChronoForms developer
ChronoMyAdmin: Database administration within Joomla, no phpMyAdmin needed.
ChronoMails simplifies Joomla email: newsletters, logging, and custom templates.
Li LikeStuff 27 Oct, 2020
Hi Max,
​
I updated to v7 but now I don't see the form in the backend. When I click on the "Forms" tab, there are no forms listed there.
​
Thanks!
Max_admin Max_admin 28 Oct, 2020
v7 will install as a new extension, it will not list your v6 forms, you have to remake the form, at least for now, until there is a v6 forms importer!
Max, ChronoForms developer
ChronoMyAdmin: Database administration within Joomla, no phpMyAdmin needed.
ChronoMails simplifies Joomla email: newsletters, logging, and custom templates.
Li LikeStuff 28 Oct, 2020
Hi Max,
​
I don't see how to save the form😟
​
I watched the video and I see these options but I don't see them on my form: Save, Apply, Close
​
Thanks!
This topic is locked and no more replies can be posted.