How to stop SPAM from CF4 forms

qa qamar0786 07 Oct, 2019
Hello,
I have been using CF4 on my latest Joomla version website for many years without any SPAM.
However, recently I am getting a lot of Porn SPAM (from Russia) and there is so much of it daily, I am getting tired of deleting them!
Is there a simple way to avoid SPAM or block robots fill in the form please? A link to a work around page will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Qamar Uddin
Gr GreyHead 08 Oct, 2019
Hi Qamar,
​
Please see this FAQ
​
You should also think about updating to CFv6 wen you have time.
​
Bob
qa qamar0786 08 Oct, 2019
I would love to update to CFv6 but I understand the database structure is different, so would I be able to automatically merge the CFv4 data to the new CFv6 structure?
Gr GreyHead 09 Oct, 2019
Hi Qamar,
​
As far as I know the CFv4 data tables should work OK with CFv6 - the forms would need to be re-built,
​
Bob
qa qamar0786 11 Oct, 2019
Hi Rob,
Since Joomla 4 is due out soon in the new year (with v3.10 to be similar), would CF6 be fully compatible with it or is it better to wait until a compatible version for J!4 is released?
Regards,
Qamar Uddin
This topic is locked and no more replies can be posted.