Languages manager doesn't work

La Laurine 14 Sep, 2018
Hi,
I have a following problem:
Using CF2 in Joomla 3.8.12. Tried to make a translation, but after saving nothing happened.
​
- Builded new language (named hu_HU).
- Edited the strings, made translation.
- Tried to save it, with "save as custom" button.
- I had "The language file has been saved successfully" message.
- ....and nothing happens. Strings turned back to english, and forums still english too.
​
If I refresh, the Languages manager page is empty again, I can build the hu_HU language file again.
​
What's I doing wrong?
on online-today 22 May, 2020
I translated it into German and it works now. The crucial steps for me were:
1. The language file has to have the exact name Joomla uses for the language.
2. This language has to be chosen as the standard content language in Joomla.
​
By the way: If you enter the language shortcut above and press "build language file" the file you worked on is opened again.
This topic is locked and no more replies can be posted.