Events on Fields and Buttons in Repeater Area

it itpates 05 Apr, 2018
For progressively added fields, the Events "Add to" works okay. I would prefer if we had the option to force it to 2 decimal places so we'd have 5.00 instead of just 5, or 5.50 instead of just 5.5.
​
BUT, removing a field buggers this up. Not only is the value of the removed field not removed from the total, if I add in another field, the math continues to work off the old total, and sometimes slaps on a bunch of decimal places.
​
Also, even though I have it set to On Change, I have to click into another field before the number shows up in the target field.
​
Events on Fields and Buttons in Repeater Area image 1
he healyhatman 05 Apr, 2018
https://www.w3schools.com/jsref/event_onchange.asp
​
That's how onchange works.
​
If you want the thing to happen immediately, you will need to make your own oninput function
Gr GreyHead 06 Apr, 2018
Hi ipates,
​
Please see the Working with JavaScript section in this FAQ for some code I devised to work in CFv5. It watches the Add Button and runs a function after a short delay (to allow the new row to be added).
​
When I used that I built and maintained a JS variable with an array of the current Repeater row ids to take account of Adds and Removes; then used that array to do calculations across the current rows.
​
Bob
This topic is locked and no more replies can be posted.