Set Hidden field value in the submit event

an annekm 02 Apr, 2018
Hello,
​
I have to send a field data to the Payment Gateway. I have designed a hidden field to store the value. But this value will be the unique key of the data entered by the user inserted in the DB.
​
Upon submit, I have a DB Save event that saves the submitted data. I then read the unique key of the record just saved and set the form data for the hidden field name. Then the payment gateway action is setup.
​
But the hidden field is not passed correctly. How could this be setup correctly?
​
Set Hidden field value in the submit event image 1
​
Set Hidden field value in the submit event image 2
​
Set Hidden field value in the submit event image 3
​
Set Hidden field value in the submit event image 4
​
Regards,
Anu
Gr GreyHead 02 Apr, 2018
Hi Anu,
​
As you don't know the unique key until after the form data is saved you don't need to use a hidden input for the value.
​
And I do not understand the series of DB Saves and DB Reads that you are using. The uid (if that is the key you are using*) will be available in the form data after the first DB Save. You can use a Debugger action to see the value and check.
​
You should then be able to reference that value directly in whatever action you are using to connect to the Payment Gateway (I don't see that in your post).
​
Bob
​
* Personally I find the CF generated UIDs a bit long for some purposes and prefer to use shorter random strings - in that case you do need a DB Read loop to check for uniqueness. My Unique ID [GH] action for CFv5 could handle that for you.
an annekm 03 Apr, 2018
Hi GreyHead,
​
In the Payment Gateway action the field is set using the following code:
​
$postFields .= "&udf1=".$_REQUEST['cname'];
​
So, the form data is not getting passed to the action. Can I modify the code to read the form data?
​
Regards,
Anu
an annekm 03 Apr, 2018
Hi GreyHead,
​
Thanks for the heads up. I modified the code of the actions to read the form data instead of the $_REQUEST array and it worked.
​
Thanks for your support.
​
Regards,
Anu
This topic is locked and no more replies can be posted.