Forums

ReCaptcha Fails to Display After Failure

nick2600 22 Oct, 2014
I created a form with a ReCaptcha and setup the appropriate load and check actions. On the first load the form and ReCaptcha load beautifully. If the correct ReCaptcha was entered the form submitted as expected. However, if the incorrect ReCaptcha information was entered the form would reload, as expected as I had put an event loop in the failed section of the check recaptcha, however the ReCaptcha would not load. I know this is just a matter of placing the correct action in the right place or using the correct one but I can't figure out which one it should be.

On a side note, when a captcha failure occurs is there a way to maintain the field values that user had entered so they don't have to start from scratch?

Awesome component though, very powerful. Keep up the good work.
GreyHead 23 Oct, 2014
Hi Nick2600,

Both these things 'should' happen automatically . . . . Please post a link to the form so I can take a quick look.

Bob
nick2600 23 Oct, 2014
Don't know why I didn't try this in the beginning but I tried just the standard Captcha instead of ReCaptcha and that did work just how it should have. I assembled the Event Loop the same way and everything. No idea why ReCaptcha didn't work before but this will suit my needs just fine. Thank you for your time.
CJ 21 Jan, 2015
I've found the same issue... is there a solution yet?
GreyHead 22 Jan, 2015
Hi CJ,

I have no idea what the problem actually is so can't suggest a fix. I guess that there might be a JavaScript error of some kind when the page re-loads?

Bob
CJ 22 Jan, 2015
Well, I checked on Chrome's consoleand that's what I get:

Uncaught ReferenceError: chronoforms_validation_signs is not defined www.google.com/recaptcha/api/challenge?k=6LfNoAUAAAAAAKi8QZmjv-QHOvlGtyh509SG3FzG&_=1421944119348:17 Failed to execute 'write' on 'Document': It isn't possible to write into a document from an asynchronously-loaded external script unless it is explicitly opened.
CJ 27 Jan, 2015
So... does anybody know how to fix this...?
This topic is locked and no more replies can be posted.