I have a chronoconnectivity connection setup and the frontend auto listing shows the data just fine. I have one binary field "activated" and this is setup in the frontend list settings -> General -> binary fields, ticks show up correctly on the rows and it works great for toggling the activated field per record.
My issue is this: I want to be able to toggle the "activated" fields of multiple records at once by selecting them and clicking on the "activate" task button. When I do this on the frontend nothing happens, the listing does not even display after the page loads. Under my frontend list settings -> Toolbar Settings -> Toolbar tasks is: _BINARY_:Activate:1:model_bizdir.activated
[attachment=0]Activate Businesses 2012-11-04 00-21-23.png[/attachment] Red boxed items faulty. Green OK.
What are my doing wrong?
Update: I am starting to think this may be a bug. In the backend, admin auto listing with all the same settings works just fine. I have tried this on two occasions now with the same results. Only test left is to try it on a bare install of joomla so I can rule out possible problems from a faulty / conflicting component, plugin etc on my current template.
Update: Same problem on a bare install of Joomla 2.5.7 so its not a conflicting plugin.
Plus how do I add a custom task and get it to work? Like test:Display:1:display, I don't know where to put code for the event / task.
So its working on admin but not on front ? if yes then try to disable SEF if you have it enabled, if this doesn't help then please send me a link to the connection through the "Contact Us" page.
Thanks Max for your time, I tried it with SEF ON and OFF before, even on bare joomla 2.5.7 install, same problem. Would have sent you a link but the site is not online yet - still under development. This being one of the reasons its not yet online actually.
You could please try it on a bare Joomla install, the latest version of Chronoconnectivity is what I am using. I am surprised no one else has reported this or maybe its just me with the problem. If you can't reproduce the error on your system then I will do a more thorough search for a fix on my system (I kinda doubt its my system though).
Wanted to know how to use custom tasks, well I figured it out (been having a hell of a time ever since today) but the bug in toolbar.php will not let it work - showing a blank screen instead - backend works just fine.
So here is the fix:
Change the line that looks like this: $toolBar->appendButton('Standard', $button_details, $button_details, "custom&fn=".$button_details, $required);
Yes, fixes applied here, actually the changes are already there in the admin area, but since that I didn't test binary or custom tasks toolbar buttons on the frontend for some time, I forgot to add them to the latest release