Forums

Field Entry Text does not show in Email

Nasho23 26 Mar, 2012
Joomla 1.7 & ChronoForms V4.0 RC2.0. A previous Administrator created a Feedback Form for the Web Site where Users can return information to me by Email on Submit. The Form contains a User Label "Deceased Date" with a Block for entering the Deceased Date. When a Date such as 23/05/1934 is typed into the Field and it is submitted by email, the Deceased Date is returned as {Deceased Date}, which is useless. I have looked at how this can be corrected, by opening the Form with "Wizard Edit" and can see now way for correction. This Block only needs to be a simple Text Block to accept and display whatever is typed in, because the Deceased Date will not always be in an exact Date Format, as the exact Day and often the Month is not actually known, which leaves only the Year, to be accepted. How can this Block be made to accept and display any text that is typed.
GreyHead 26 Mar, 2012
Hi Nasho23,

What is the name of the form input for the date? 'Deceased Date' has a space in it which is not allowed.

Please drag a Debugger action into the On Submit event, then submit the form and post the debug - including the 'dummy emails' results here. Note: if you are using the Easy Wizard you may need to switch to the Advanced Wizard to do this; if you want to continue to use the Easy Wizard please make a copy of your form first and add the Debugger action to the copy.

Bob
Nasho23 26 Mar, 2012
Hello Bob,
As I stated in my Post, this Field does not need to be classed as a Date Field. It can be just an ordinary Text Field, able to accept whatever the User chooses to put in it, because they may not know the Full Date.
I think it would be easiest if I was shown how to change the Properties of this Field to a Plain Text Field, using the Easy Wizard, rather than trying something so complex, with my limited knowledge.

Regards
Owen Carlton
GreyHead 26 Mar, 2012
Hi Owen,

Delete the Date input element in the Wizard and drag in a new Text input element.

There are a series of videos here that will help you get started with CFv4.

Bob
This topic is locked and no more replies can be posted.