Forums

Can't create table

rlab 10 Jan, 2012
Hi,

I have Chronoforms 4.0 RC3.0 on a Joomla 1.7.3 site. I have a very large form which I am trying to create a table for. When I do the Save on table creation I don't get any errors, but when I look in the database tables, the new table has not been created. I have had our hosting provider looking into the problem, but they can't find any errors in the error logs to do with this problem.

I found another post that said some suhostin values needed to be increased, so I had the host do that, but that didn't help either.

When I go to create the table I have made sure that I am not using varchar 255 for all of the fields, I have made them as small as possible, but still no table is created and no error message is given.

I can send you a copy of the form if that helps. Here is the page where the form is: http://www.new.creditsolutions.ca/contact-us/worksheet

Any help on how to get the table created would be appreciated.

Thank you.
GreyHead 10 Jan, 2012
Hi rlab,

Try setting Site Error Reporting temporarily to Maximum in the site Global Configuration. This can help show elusive error messages.

This is a large form - I estimated around 150 inputs which means that the Create table will have well over 1000 parameters. You may need to move the suhosin setting up to 2000 or more to get this to work. Putting suhosin temporarily into 'simulation mode' may get more useful error logs.

That aside I suggest that the form is too long and, from a usability point of view could use splitting into sub-forms. (I also understand that this may not be up to you to decide.) Also the data might be more usable if you used some relational tables linked together rather than one enormous one. I would look at putting both the Credit and Creditor sections into sub-table with one record for each entry with a value (leaving out the blanks).

Bob
rlab 10 Jan, 2012
Hi,

Thank you for your suggestions.

We already tried setting errors to Maximum in Global Config, no error showed up.
We have set the suhosin to 2000 already as well.

We shall try the 'simulation mode' for suhosin and see if that gives anything.

Thank you.
This topic is locked and no more replies can be posted.