I've created a php.ini file with some parameters like this:

register_globals = Off
upload_max_filesize = 300M
post_max_size = 300M
memory_limit = 300M
upload_tmp_dir = 3000M
max_execution_time = 300
max_file_uploads = 300

and placed it into my joomla admin folder. System php info says my new file sizes are being used. I actually appended 2 file upload limits ("max_file_uploads" & "upload_max_filesize"); I think one was for old joomla and I should probably just remove the "upload_max_filesize"?.

anyways... small files upload just fine; larger ones don't show any errors but they do not make it on to my server. Also, My e-mail notification comes in but the template { } field id calls don't show up... they show up like they do in the template; i.e. {fileDescription} instead of "file description from form".

When using small files everything works perfect..

Any thoughts on what I'm missing / where I should proceed? I am going to try putting my php.ini into all the com_chronoforms folders

I'd like to get this band-aid solution working until I can figure out the right way to upload large files in the front end....I think large file uploads must be done with PHP ftp. A link posted by admin is where I'm hoping to learn about this: http://blogs.sitepoint.com/upload-large-files-in-php/

anyone have a working example or "how-to for morons" I can use to upload large files via PHP FTP using chronoforms?

Thanks!
GreyHead 23 May, 2011
Hi twinturbotom,

This line looks wrong:
upload_tmp_dir = 3000M,

Otherwise I'm afraid that I have no better suggestions than last time.

Bob
twinturbotom 23 May, 2011
I'm surprised now one has implemented a solution for large file uploads using chrono; I'm going to give it a try but I'm a beginner and don't really have to much time to work on this part. If I get anything working I'll post the code here...

Thanks!
This topic is locked and no more replies can be posted.