Forums

Email field populated with script

hooi 25 Apr, 2011
Hi,

When the Captcha verification is entered wrongly, on the Email field, it's populated with this script:

<script language='JavaScript' type='text/javascript'> <!-- var prefix = 'mailto:'; var suffix = ''; var attribs = ''; var path = 'hr' + 'ef' + '='; var addy31324 = 'asdf' + '@'; addy31324 = addy31324 + 'asfd' + '.' + 'com'; document.write( '<a ' + path + '\'' + prefix + addy31324 + suffix + '\'' + attribs + '>' ); document.write( addy31324 ); document.write( '<\/a>' ); //--> </script><script language='JavaScript' type='text/javascript'> <!-- document.write( '<span style=\'display: none;\'>' ); //--> </script>This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it <script language='JavaScript' type='text/javascript'> <!-- document.write( '</' ); document.write( 'span>' ); //--> </script>

How/where/what should i do to fix the problem?

Thanks.

Best regards,
Hooi
GreyHead 25 Apr, 2011
Hi Hooi,

You have the Joomla! Email Cloaking Plug-in enabled and it is trying to cloak the sample e-mail in the ChronoForms validation message. Disable the plug-in temporarily to check this is the problem. If you need the plug-in change the plug-ins order so that Email Cloaking runs before ChronoForms.

NB These are Joomla! plug-ins that you manage from Site Admin | Extensions | Plug-in Manager

Bob
hooi 25 Apr, 2011
Wow, Thank you so much Bob, you are right! It was caused by that plugin. i can't remember why or when i installed that email cloaking plugin though. :?
GreyHead 25 Apr, 2011
Hi Hooi,

It's a standard Joomla! plug-in that is enabled by default.

Bob
This topic is locked and no more replies can be posted.