Forums

Form is emailing proper information but not on DB

almchad 11 Mar, 2011
I have used Chronoforms before but, I have a problem with fields being written properly to Database the form emailing correctly but I need information in the database that is not being written I am getting a error when I save tables and took a screen shot.

Thanks
GreyHead 11 Mar, 2011
Hi almchad,

I think that the problem is that you can't set a text column (type VARCHAR) to Autoincrement.

Bob
almchad 11 Mar, 2011
So what would I set them to Text and and will text record numbers as in address and phone numbers?
GreyHead 11 Mar, 2011
Hi almchad,

Using VARCHAR is OK - setting Autoincrement on for that column is not.

Bob
almchad 14 Mar, 2011
I will take another screen shot but I do not have auto increment enabled
GreyHead 14 Mar, 2011
Hi almchad,

If you read the error message in your screen shot you'll see that first_name2 is set to autoincrement.

Bob
almchad 15 Mar, 2011
Here is what I am seeing when I go to tables the fields never save enabled, I enable them and then i receive the errors
GreyHead 15 Mar, 2011
Hi almchad,

If you aren't getting the error with autoincrement in it what are you now seeing?

Bob
almchad 15 Mar, 2011
These are the errors I am getting when I try to enable tables, Thanks for the help:
Error while creating table :Table 'jos_chronoforms_AdLeadMedia' already exists SQL=CREATE TABLE `jos_chronoforms_AdLeadMedia` (`cf_id` INT(11) NOT NULL auto_increment, `uid` VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL, `recordtime` VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL, `ipaddress` VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL, `cf_user_id` VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL, `first_name2` VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL, PRIMARY KEY (`cf_id`)) ENGINE = MYISAM ;
GreyHead 15 Mar, 2011
Hi almchad,

There may be a clue here:

Table 'jos_chronoforms_AdLeadMedia' already exists

. You need to delete the existing table first if you want to replace it.

Bob
This topic is locked and no more replies can be posted.