Forums

cannot edit form after upgrade server

Mgringo 07 Feb, 2011
Hi,

Since my provider upgraded the server, I can't edit any form in backend! At frontend forms won't send without any error message.

I've tried to back-up all my forms, de-install chronoforms and make a new install. Then Restored my forms again but no result, still can't edit the forms.

Anbody any ideas to solve this?

BTW I'm using V3.20

Thanks!
Marcel
Max_admin 07 Feb, 2011
Hi,

What happens exactly when you try to edit the forms ?

Regards,
Max
Max
ChronoForms developer...
Did you try ChronoMyAdmin for managing your Joomla database tables ?
Mgringo 07 Feb, 2011

Hi,

What happens exactly when you try to edit the forms ?

Regards,
Max

Hi Max,

Nothing happens when I try to edit. No error messages nothing. Just stay's on the mainpage!
Only when I mark a checkbox and click on Wizard edit it will open the edit page, Only thing is that I've made a lot of changes to the form HTML code and I don't wanna loose that ...

Marcel
GreyHead 07 Feb, 2011
Hi marcel,

You may have the MooTools Upgrade Plugin enabled. This is an optional plug-in that enables the MooTools 1.2 library on your site.

ChronoForms (and many other Joomla! extensions) use the MooTools 1.1.2 library that is installed by default. The ChronoForms Wizard, and other back-end code will not run with the plugin enabled.

If you disable the plug-in then ChronoForms should run correctly.

If you need MooTools 1.2 in the front-end of your site then there is a hack for the plug-in posted in the forums here that will enable the 1.2 library in the front-end only. However the ChronoForms validation code and some other features will not work with this version.

There's a fuller "How-to Document" here that includes fixed files that will let the front-end of ChronoForms work with MooTools 1.2.

Bob
Mgringo 07 Feb, 2011
Hi Bob,

No the System - Mootools Upgrade plugin is disabled ...
GreyHead 07 Feb, 2011
Hi marcel,

By all means email or PM me the site URL and a SuperAdmin login and I'll take a quick look.

Bob
GreyHead 07 Feb, 2011
Hi Mgringo,

If you mark a checkbox and then click the edit icon does that work?

I don't see exactly the link you posted anywhere. The 'Forms Management' link has &act=all and the individual Form Name links have #edit (but not &act=all)

Bob
Mgringo 07 Feb, 2011
Hi Bob,

Thats the funniest part of all this ... when mark a checkbox and click edit icon gives the same url as above
/administrator/index.php?option=com_chronocontact&act=all#

Only when mark checkbox and click wizard edit I can edit the form.
GreyHead 07 Feb, 2011
Hi Marcel,

Maybe try backing up the database tables and re-installing ChronoForms? Sounds a bit dramatic but I don't know what else to suggest.

Bob
Mgringo 08 Feb, 2011

Hi Marcel,

Maybe try backing up the database tables and re-installing ChronoForms? Sounds a bit dramatic but I don't know what else to suggest.

Bob

Hi Bob, I've just done backing up tables and reinstall chronoForms but no result. Still doing the same.

This all happenend after a server upgrade by provider on Windows enviroment.

Only when reinstall chronoforms, make a new form, save and close ... then I can edit i without any problems. Only when restore form .cfbak and then try to edit a form It doesn't do anything ...
GreyHead 08 Feb, 2011
Hi Marcel,

Sounds as though there may be a PHP error of some kind. I have no idea if this will work on a Windows server but try setting Error Reporting to maximum and see if you get anything more useful.

Bob
Mgringo 11 Feb, 2011
Hi Bob,

Funnie is when I make a copy of the website and Database and place all under a apache server everything works fine ... So the problem might be at ISP? Isn't it?

Marcel
GreyHead 11 Feb, 2011
Hi Marcel,

I'm afraid so. There always seems to be more problem getting sites like this set up and running on Windows servers.

Bob
This topic is locked and no more replies can be posted.