Forums

Create table only generates few columns

Grover002 02 Aug, 2010
Ouch....

Just put some effort into building quite a large form while using the Form Wizard. Now asked to create the table and, oops, it only generates a table with a few columns. I'll check and double check everything but it seems I need to build the table in phpMySQL after all.

Not nice 😟
Bas.
Grover002 02 Aug, 2010
Nononono!!!

What's even worse, the generated form looks awful and only contains a few of the fields, just like the table doesn't have all the columns.....

Not funny😟
Bas
Grover002 02 Aug, 2010
Hmmm....got part of the problem fixed. The table is as it should be. It seems the wizard get the fields renumbered once it saves the design. I had to delete a field a number of times and next I made a multi-holder in which I stated the field numbers of that moment. However, the wizard renumbers the fields upon save and the multiholders do not contain the right references anymore.

Now I stil need to fix the design as the produced form looks stil awkward.

CU later,
Bas
GreyHead 02 Aug, 2010
Hi Bas,

The multi-holder seems to count the elements in the box from the beginning down. It's fine for a small form but I wouldn't try and use it for anything big.

Bob
Grover002 02 Aug, 2010
Well, in fact I am using several small multi-holders in a single form instead of one big one. What I am trying to achieve is simulate a table with 3 columns and 5 rows. So I thought I would make a multi-holder per row.

I am going to experiment some more, next couple of hours. Hope to find a way.
Grover002 02 Aug, 2010
Ah....seems to be progressing. Just a matter of getting used of CF's indexing of form elements. Indeed it counts top-down, so element form_item0 is not element 0 but element 1.

Anyway, now it's becoming a matter of aligning things and tidying the layout.

As CF's form wizards warns for the HTML to be deleted, would the CSS be kept alive? A matter of further experiment.
GreyHead 02 Aug, 2010
Hi Bas,

The only code over-written by the Wizard is the Form HTML. CSS, JavScript, etc should all be safe.

Bob
This topic is locked and no more replies can be posted.