Forums

Problems with Joomfish

bbsagency 29 Jun, 2010
Hi all,

I use Multisites to generate some Slave sites from a Master site.
On the Master site, I use Chrono Connectivity to show by a suitabel Form the data
resident on a database table.

After generating a Slave site starting from the Master site, and after carrying out the suitable local changes and setting the right access permissions, on this Slave site all works correctly and I can access without any problems to the relevant Form created by Chrono Connectivity.

I need to have a multi-language site, so, on the Master site I have installed Joomfish, and the relevant component "JoomFish Content element for Chrono Connectivity" (http://www.simpleweb.it/en/joomla-extensions/specific-component/joomfish-content-element-for-chrono-connectivity.html).

After setting the suitable languages and the relevant translations, on the Master site all keeps on working correctly.

Through Multisites, I install Joomfish and his components on the Slave site, and all wokrs correctly on the Slave site too, except the Form created by Chrono Connectivity: it is not displayed, but I have the following message: "You don't have suffecient view permissions to view this page".

I tried to uninstall Joomfish from the Slave site, and after that all works correctly again on the Slave site too.

Could you help me?
Thank you very much!
GreyHead 01 Jul, 2010
Hi bbsagency,

Sorry I have no experience with multi-sites or the Joomfish for CC plugin :-(

From the message it sounds as though the CC permissions are not being carried through but I have no idea where the problem might be.

Bob
jeniferjohn 28 Jul, 2011
or those having problems using SH404SEF and Joomfish 2.0.3 together, read this.

I know many people have problems when switching from one language to another. Only the active menu item is shown. The other menu items simply don't show.

Here is how I fixed it:

# Joomfish fix
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/index.php
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/en/.*
RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} !lang
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /$1?lang=fr [R]

You'll need access to your .htaccess file of course. You'll also need to edit this line, depending on your URLs structure:
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/en/.*