Forums

php5.3 and blank page on joomla frontend

rainbow 07 May, 2010
I upgrade to ubuntu lucid 10.04 with php 5.3, but every page with chronoforms is blank on joomla frontend.

On log file there is nothing about chronoforms and i clear browser cache.
GreyHead 08 May, 2010
Hi rainbow,

Set site error reporting to Maximum and see if you get any PHP Errors shown (they may also appear in your server logs).

Someone else reported that this happened here and the error just disappeared :-(

You may find some more threads with a Google search here

Bob
rainbow 08 May, 2010
Thanks GreyHead, i set php.ini to "error_reporting = E_ALL | E_STRICT" and now there are a lot of errors about com_chronocontact files.

I hope this file can improve your component for php 5.3.x

I think to downgrade to php 5.2.x to solve this.
GreyHead 08 May, 2010
Hi rainbow,

Most of Joomla! and ChronoForm is written for PHP 4 so using E_STRICT is bound to show a multitude of messages. I've scanned through and don't see any that explain your blank page problems though.

Bob
rainbow 08 May, 2010
Ok, i set joomla error reporting to maximum and uploaded the log file, page with form is still blank.
Thanks again for your support.
rainbow 08 May, 2010
I made a fresh install of joomla 1.5.17 and chronoforms 3.1_RC5.5
I set site error reporting to maximum and now the log file is empty but page with form is blank again.
GreyHead 08 May, 2010
Hi rainbow,

Please take a form backup using the icon in the Forms Manager Toolbar and post it here or PM /Email it to me. I haven't upgraded to PHP 5.3 or Joomla 1.5.17 yet so might take a little while to check.

Bob
GreyHead 30 Aug, 2010
Hi rainbow,

I finally upgraded my test server to 5.3 and restored your file. No problems at all here. I'm using the default Joomla theme with Error Reporting on Maximum and the form appears completely OK.

Bob
stef45 03 Aug, 2011
After Upgrading to PHP 5.3.6 my Frontend won't be displayed.
Backend is functioning without any Warning or Error Message.
as well i can show eg. Website by calling with index2.php
just not visible with direct using index.php.
Any Idea - why not visible the Frontend with PHP 5.3.6?? - getting only Error - This Website can't be displayed.
Any Thing to edit/modify?
thanks
GreyHead 03 Aug, 2011
Hi stef45,

A blank page is usually a sign of a PHP error, try setting the Site Error Reporting to Maximum in the Global Configurations and see if you get a more helpfule message.

Bob
This topic is locked and no more replies can be posted.