Forums

Wizard - Radio Button Field Name

rowby 04 May, 2010
Hi

Is there any reason why the wizard won't let me put in a field name for radio buttons and checkboxes?

It would be great if it did -- especially when making multipage forms. I need unique field names for multipage forms.

But I don't see a place in the Properties to do that.

Am I missing something?

Rowby
GreyHead 04 May, 2010
Hi Rowby,

Edit the Form HTML to add them directly. It's the only way at the moment.

Bob
rowby 04 May, 2010
Hi Bob,

Thanks for the quick reply. I had a feeling that was the only way.

I added a suggestion to deal with that in the forum's "bug" section.

Hopefully a future version will have unique, never repeatable names within the Chronoform installation, for all types of fields -- like I think text fields do.

They would be unique and never repeated within an installation -- much like article ID's in Joomla.

Rowby
GreyHead 04 May, 2010
Hi Rowby,

I saw there suggestion there. I'm sure that Max will take a look but not sure how practically it would be with installations like my test site where there are a few hundred forms.

Currently I think even the text inputs start over for each from.

What we may get is the ability to edit names and ids from the Properties box.

Bob
rowby 04 May, 2010
Hi Bob,

Actually I think your comment about your test site having "a few hundred forms" is a good reason for Cronoform's wizard to provide unique ids (like Joomla articles).

For those who are HTML challenged and really rely on the wizard, and who might also have many forms on their site which might be multi-paged -- having unique never-repeating field names -- would be a great benefit. I think mysql has a limit of many thousands of "unique" ids that can be taken advantage of by the Chornoform wizard.

Anyway I guess there can be positive and negative sides to this, but for now I only see positive advantages.🙂

Rowby
This topic is locked and no more replies can be posted.