hhh [button_2] => Submit [cfformstep] => 1 [7b9053b2ad5e636686bb6a55d8b84e40] => 1 [1cf1] => 6c06889d07ff37ddf9523c20d1a68b33 [chronoformname] => formmenu ) $_FILES Array: Array ( ) Form passed the plugins step (if enabled) OKAn email has been SENT successfully from (Jim)jwill@leisurepace.com to [email]jwill@leisurepace.com[/email]Debug EndI've been trying a lot of different things (including remaking all of the forms) but I can't get the information to show up on the e-mail. Any help will be appreciated.Jim"> Simple Forms Not Sending Information - Forums

Forums

Simple Forms Not Sending Information

jwill 19 Apr, 2010
I created a Parent form (formenu) and two child forms (form1 & form2) but I cannot get the fields to be sent in the email. The forms have the following settings:

formmenu Enabled: 1, Disabled: 0; Published, no fields or HTML; plug in lists both child forms and 2 steps and the plugin is enabled; email the Results: Yes.

form1 Enabled: 0, Disabled: 0; Published; 2 text fields and submit; Email the results: Yes (also tired no)

form2 Enabled: 0, Disabled: 0; Published; 1 text field and submit; Email the results: Yes (also tired no)

With debug on, the following is displayed on the second page when the first page is submitted:

Form passed first SPAM check OK
Form passed the submissions limit (if enabled) OK
Form passed the Image verification (if enabled) OK
Form passed the server side validation (if enabled) OK
$_POST Array: Array ( [text_1] => test [text_2] => test [button_3] => Submit [7b9053b2ad5e636686bb6a55d8b84e40] => 1 [1cf1] => 6c06889d07ff37ddf9523c20d1a68b33 [chronoformname] => formmenu )
$_FILES Array: Array ( )
Form passed the plugins step (if enabled) OK

The following is displayed when the second page is submitted:

E-mail message

To: [email]jwill@leisurepace.com[/email]
CC:
BCC:
Subject: Form Test

Submitted by 76.251.218.84

Files:

The email I received also only shows "Submitted by 76.262.218.84" with no fields. This debug follows the above copy of the email:

Form passed first SPAM check OK
Form passed the submissions limit (if enabled) OK
Form passed the Image verification (if enabled) OK
Form passed the server side validation (if enabled) OK
$_POST Array: Array ( [text_1] => hhh [button_2] => Submit [cfformstep] => 1 [7b9053b2ad5e636686bb6a55d8b84e40] => 1 [1cf1] => 6c06889d07ff37ddf9523c20d1a68b33 [chronoformname] => formmenu )
$_FILES Array: Array ( )
Form passed the plugins step (if enabled) OK
An email has been SENT successfully from (Jim)jwill@leisurepace.com to [email]jwill@leisurepace.com[/email]
Debug End

I've been trying a lot of different things (including remaking all of the forms) but I can't get the information to show up on the e-mail. Any help will be appreciated.

Jim
GreyHead 19 Apr, 2010
Hi jwill,

It looks as though an email is being sent succcessfully from the Mother Form - that's consistent with all of the settings you posted there.

I assume that you have a template set up for the Mother Form so we need to work out how to get data into it. I'm not sure what teh answer to that is, I think that the info is available in the $postedf array so you'd need to put something like this in the OnSubmit Before box:
<?php
JRequest::setVar('field_name', $posted['field_name']); 

and then put {field_name} into the template.

Please test this with one or two of your fields, if it works then you can try
<?php
foreach ( $posted as $k => $v ) {
  JRequest::setVar($k, $posted[$k]);
}
?>
That should make all of the $posted entries available to you.

Bob
jwill 19 Apr, 2010
I have the information in the e-mail now. I guess I didn't understand that I had to create a template. I thought one would be auto generated like it is with single forms. Once I manually added a template, things worked. Thanks for your help.
GreyHead 19 Apr, 2010
Hi jwill,

I think this is another instance of the various features being combined together in different ways.

The template creator is very simple and uses the Form HTML to create the template. For a mother form there is no Form HTML to use and hence no template.

Bob
This topic is locked and no more replies can be posted.