Forums

Unable to use "Wizard edit" to modify current form items

RuRu 23 Mar, 2010
Hi.
Does anybody know whether it is possible to edit existing form items which were already saved before? I can add and modify only new items after opening existing form with "Wizard edit" button.
It seems to be the only way to edit old items through correcting HTML code directly with button "Edit". Am I right, or it is some kind of bug? I'm using V3.1 RC5.5 on Joomla 1.5.15

I was searching the forum, looks like there was such kind of issue in previous versions of ChronoForms, does it still remain unresolved?

Thank you in advance.
GreyHead 23 Mar, 2010
Hi RuRu,

I really don't understand the question but here goes.

If you created a form with the Form Wizard then you can edit that form with Wizard Edit **provided that you have not made any changes to the Form HTML**. If you have made changes they will be lost.

You can edit the From HTML of any form directly from the Form Code tab of the Form Editor. Use the Edit icon or click the Form Name link in the Forms Manager to open the Form Editor.

Bob
RuRu 23 Mar, 2010
Hi, Bob!
Thank you for a quick reply. Then it looks like a bug, because with "Wizard edit" I can only add new items, but not able to modify old ones, created with "Form Wizard" before.
Do you have any suggestions in this case?
GreyHead 23 Mar, 2010
Hi Ruru,

I don't remember that happening before - can you take a back up copy of one of your forms and post it here please.

Bob
RuRu 23 Mar, 2010
Here it is.
In addition I can say that used brouser is: Firefox Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; ru; rv:1.9.2.2) Gecko/20100316 Firefox/3.6.2 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)

<++-++-++id++-++-++>10<endendend><++-++-++name++-++-++>test<endendend><++-++-++html++-++-++>
<div class="form_item">
<div class="form_element cf_textbox">
<label class="cf_label" style="width: 150px;">Test form</label>
<input class="cf_inputbox" maxlength="150" size="30" title="" id="text_1" name="text_1" type="text" />

</div>
<div class="cfclear"> </div>
</div>

<div class="form_item">
<div class="form_element cf_text"> <span class="cf_text">Text box</span> </div>
<div class="cfclear"> </div>
</div>
<endendend><++-++-++scriptcode++-++-++><endendend><++-++-++stylecode++-++-++><endendend><++-++-++redirecturl++-++-++><endendend><++-++-++emailresults++-++-++>0<endendend><++-++-++fieldsnames++-++-++>text_1<endendend><++-++-++fieldstypes++-++-++>text<endendend><++-++-++onsubmitcode++-++-++><p>Thank You!</p><endendend><++-++-++onsubmitcodeb4++-++-++><endendend><++-++-++server_validation++-++-++><endendend><++-++-++attformtag++-++-++><endendend><++-++-++submiturl++-++-++><endendend><++-++-++emailtemplate++-++-++><endendend><++-++-++useremailtemplate++-++-++><endendend><++-++-++paramsall++-++-++>formmethod=post
omittedfields=
LoadFiles=Yes
submissions_limit=
tablenames=
savedataorder=
handlepostedarrays=
debug=0
mysql_type=1
enmambots=No
uploads=No
uploadfields=
uploadmax=
uploadmin=
uploadpath=
dvfields=
dvrecord=Record #n
imagever=No
imtype=0
captcha_dataload=0
imgver_error_msg=
validate=No
servervalidate=
validatetype=mootools
val_required=
val_validate_number=
val_validate_digits=
val_validate_alpha=
val_validate_alphanum=
val_validate_date=
val_validate_email=
val_validate_url=
val_validate_date_au=
val_validate_currency_dollar=
val_validate_selection=
val_validate_one_required=
val_validate_confirmation=
plugins=
plugins_order=1
onsubmitcode_order=2
autogenerated_order=3
mplugins_order=
dbconnection=
datefieldformat=d/m/Y
datefieldsnames=<endendend><++-++-++titlesall++-++-++><endendend><++-++-++extravalrules++-++-++><endendend><++-++-++dbclasses++-++-++><endendend><++-++-++autogenerated++-++-++><endendend><++-++-++chronocode++-++-++>[type="cf_textbox"CHRONO_CONSTANT_EOL{CHRONO_CONSTANT_EOLid = text_1CHRONO_CONSTANT_EOLname = text_1CHRONO_CONSTANT_EOLclass = cf_inputboxCHRONO_CONSTANT_EOLtype = textCHRONO_CONSTANT_EOLsize = 30CHRONO_CONSTANT_EOLmaxlength = 150CHRONO_CONSTANT_EOLtitle = CHRONO_CONSTANT_EOLhidelabel = 0CHRONO_CONSTANT_EOLlabelwidth = 150pxCHRONO_CONSTANT_EOLlabeltext = Test formCHRONO_CONSTANT_EOLtooltiptext = CHRONO_CONSTANT_EOLslabel = CHRONO_CONSTANT_EOL}]CHRONO_CONSTANT_EOL[type="cf_text"CHRONO_CONSTANT_EOL{CHRONO_CONSTANT_EOLclass = cf_textCHRONO_CONSTANT_EOLhidelabel = 0CHRONO_CONSTANT_EOLtag = spanCHRONO_CONSTANT_EOLlabelwidth = 0CHRONO_CONSTANT_EOLlabeltext = Text boxCHRONO_CONSTANT_EOLtooltiptext = CHRONO_CONSTANT_EOLslabel = CHRONO_CONSTANT_EOL}]CHRONO_CONSTANT_EOL<endendend><++-++-++theme++-++-++>default<endendend><++-++-++published++-++-++>1<endendend><++-++-++extra1++-++-++><endendend><++-++-++extra2++-++-++><endendend><++-++-++extra3++-++-++><endendend><++-++-++extra4++-++-++><endendend><++-++-++extra5++-++-++><endendend>
{cfbak_start_emails}

{cfbak_end_emails}
GreyHead 24 Mar, 2010
Hi Ruru,

Wizard Edit works OK on that form for me.

Bob
RuRu 24 Mar, 2010
Hi, Bob.
Ok. If I find an answer, I'll post it.

Thank you.
RuRu 29 Mar, 2010
It was а problem with database of Joomla build I was using.
This topic is locked and no more replies can be posted.