Forums

Disable email attachment when using the File Uploads

cyrus33 18 Feb, 2010
Hey everyone,

I am new to Chrono Forms and I am trying to figure out how I can get this File Uploads working the way I would like. The form I created is working perfectly like the example in the tutorial. However I want my users to be able to upload large files up to 10GB. With files of this size they can't go through the mail system. I don't want an attachment in my email form results. I prefer they get a notification that includes the file name in the body of the forms result mail. From this point they will use a different system to go retrieve the file such as SSH. How can I make the email attachment disappear?

I'm guessing I'm going to run into some sort of PHP limitation on file size. I have set my memory_limit, post_max_size and upload_max_filesize all to 10G in my php.ini. I have a 12GB swap and 2GB of memory so I think this isn't going overboard.

I have run through the tutorials, read the FAQs and searched the forums but haven't found what I am looking for. Please point me in the right direction.
GreyHead 18 Feb, 2010
Hi cyrus33,

I'd be astonished if you can get 2GB uploads to work - let us know.

Turn off file attachments in the Email Setup Properties box and add a download link to the file into the Email template.

Bob
nml375 18 Feb, 2010
Hi,
A comment regarding uploading such large files..
I would strongly recommend using a custom-built CGI application to handle this, as the PHP-environment really is not suited for this. Getting this to play nicely with Joomla might take some effort however.

The big difference is that your custom CGI application can save the file as it recieves it, while PHP tries to read it all into memory before saving it all.

With that said, good luck. And please let us know if/when you get it working.
/Fredrik
This topic is locked and no more replies can be posted.