Forums

Changed 'Email Setup' - now form won't send

jfrizelle 12 Nov, 2009
Hi,

I've been playing around with my first form, got it working nicely.

However, I wanted to change the 'From Email' to show the email address that was entered on the form (I called that field txtEmail when I was setting up the form). I went into 'Setup Emails' and created a new email container. I dragged the same fields across as previously, with the exception of 'From Email' - instead I dragged across 'Dynamic FromEmail'. It didn't ask me what field I wanted to pull into that (I thought it would - in the tooltip it says 'The wizard will let you pick one of the fields you created in step 1'). I entered '{txtEmail}' in that field, but when I opened my contact form and filled in the fields, it didn't send me an email. I changed the contents of the Dynamic FromEmail to just 'txtEmail' but it's still not sending me anything.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
J.
GreyHead 12 Nov, 2009
Hi jfrizelle,

As you worked out the Dynamic fields take just the field_name (not brackets, no quotes).

My guess is that the new setup is not 'enabled' - check the Email Setup Properties box.

Bob

PS I strongly recommend that you do **not** use the Dynamic From field, use Dynamic ReplyTo instead. Dynamic From significantly increases the likelihood of your emails being treated as spam and binned.
This topic is locked and no more replies can be posted.