{label} {product} {edit_record} Everything works fine.Instead of the link "edit_record" I want to create a link that shows more details, like "no", "price" of the product from the second connection "index.php?option=com_chronoconnectivity&connectionname=product_detail" in a new window or the same window but not in a smooth-box.Maybe someone could explain how do I have to change the following code. I couldn't figure out which things I have to change: Ref. no.{cf_id} More info:: ABOUT THE QUESTION > {select_2} {text_3} {text_14} {select_5} After changing nearly everything in that code to names and ids that i found in my table I give up now. Am I on the wrong way with that code? TomI hope you understand the problem, sorry for my not so perfect english."> Create a link for "more details" - Forums

Forums

Create a link for "more details"

Tomelly 10 Nov, 2009
Hi,

at first thank you for this great component an this absolutely fantastic forum.

I hope that somebody could help me to create a "more-result" link in a CC-view. I know there are a few topics around that and I tried the code in this topic http://www.chronoengine.com/forums.html?cont=posts&f=12&t=12019, but I couldn't get it work.

I have the following codes in my CC "index.php?option=com_chronoconnectivity&connectionname=product"

Where SQL: .... search function...

Header
<table style="text-align: left; width: 100%;" border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0">
      <tbody>
        <tr>
          <td style="font-weight: bold; width: 40%;">label</td>
          <td style="font-weight: bold; width: 40%;">product</td>
          <td style="font-weight: bold; width: 20%;">edit</td>
        </tr>
      </tbody>
    </table>

Body
<table style="text-align: left; width: 100%;" border="0" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="0">
      <tbody>
        <tr<?php if ($i % 2) echo ' style="background-color: #D1EEEE;"';?>>
          <td style="width: 40%;">{label}</td>
          <td style="width: 40%;">{product}</td>
          <td style="width: 20%;">{edit_record}</td>
        </tr>
      </tbody>
    </table>
    <?php $i++ ?>

Everything works fine.

Instead of the link "edit_record" I want to create a link that shows more details, like "no", "price" of the product from the second connection "index.php?option=com_chronoconnectivity&connectionname=product_detail" in a new window or the same window but not in a smooth-box.

Maybe someone could explain how do I have to change the following code. I couldn't figure out which things I have to change:

<p class="blocknumber">
    <a class="smoothbox" name="#{cf_id}" href="#TB_inline?height=500=650&inlineId=cccontent_{cf_id}_box"
    id="cccontent_{cf_id}">Ref. no.{cf_id}</a>

<div id="cccontent_{cf_id}_tip" style="display: none;">More info::</div>
    <div id="cccontent_{cf_id}_box" style="display: none;">

<b><font color=#660099>ABOUT THE QUESTION</font></b><hr>
    </div>

<table style="text-align: left; width: 100%;" border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0">
      <tbody>
        <tr<?php if ($i % 2) echo ' style="background-color: #EBEBEB;"';?>>
          <td style="width: 18%;">{select_2}</td>
          <td style="width: 30%;">{text_3}</td>
          <td style="width: 15%;">{text_14}</td>
          <td style="width: 20%;">{select_5}</td>
    </td>
        </tr>
      </tbody>
    </table>
    <?php $i++ ?>

After changing nearly everything in that code to names and ids that i found in my table I give up now. Am I on the wrong way with that code?

Tom

I hope you understand the problem, sorry for my not so perfect english.
GreyHead 10 Nov, 2009
Hi Tomelley,

I usually set up a ChronoForm using the Profile plugin and link to that - passing the record id in the URL
<a href='index.php?option=com_chronocontact&chronoformname=view_detail&id={cf_id}' >View details</a>

Bob
remrom 04 Dec, 2009
don't work, i have the same problem and just show the first table record
GreyHead 06 Dec, 2009
Hi remrom,

It works fine for me. Exactly what code are you using and what is the index field in your table?

Bob
zest96 26 Jan, 2010
<a href='index.php?option=com_chronocontact&chronoformname=view_detail&id={cf_id}' >View details</a>

Could someone kindly explain what should I change to make this work for me too?

I guess the "chronoformname" should become my chronoform form name (not connectivity name right?)
and what else? what about {cf_id} ? what should be there?

the message I get is "There is no form with this name or may be the form is unpublished, Please check the form and the url and the form management "
GreyHead 27 Jan, 2010
Hi zest96,

The error message suggests that the form name is wrong so I guess that yours isn't called 'more_details'

Change the url to match your form name.

cf_id is the standard ChronoForms record identifier. This will probably work unless you are using a table with a different id column.

Bob

PS I just replied to a PM with the same query, please do not double-post. Usually formum posts get answered first.
marketson 08 Mar, 2010
Hello again
I have a problem in creating the link "more details". I set everything as you described and I created a copy of the registration form on which to use the plugin profile page. The problem is that if I use that form fields are empty, while if I use the original form, the system tell me "You can not re-register while you are signed in already," just because I am logged in as a user to access the search.
What's wrong? Id not to use the classic cf_id but another field called "freshman".

This is the body code:
<div id=tabella>
<table style="text-align: center; width: 100%;" border="2" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0">
  <tbody>
    <tr>
      <td style="width: 10%;">{matricola}</td>
      <td style="width: 4%;">{età}</td>
      <td style="width: 16%;">{radio0}</td>
      <td style="width: 5%;">{voto}</td>
      <td style="width: 5%;">{anno_laurea}</td>
      <td style="width: 30%;">{select_14}</td>
      <td style="width: 10%;"><a href='index.php?option=com_chronocontact&chronoformname=registrazione&matricola={matricola}' >Details</a></td>
</tr>
  </tbody>
</table>
</div>

<?php $i++ ?>
<br>

If I use registrazione_copy instead of registrazione the fields of form using profile page are empty

HELP MEEE!!!!
GreyHead 08 Mar, 2010
Hi marketson,

I'm not sure what you are trying to do here.

You can't re-use the original form with the Joomla Registration Plugin enabled for exactly the reason given in the error message.

Your copy form should pick up the information from the jos_users table if you have the profile plugin correctly configured.

Bob
marketson 08 Mar, 2010
Hmm, why should I take the data from the table jos_users? I need the ones in the table jos_chronoforms_registrazione, in practice I need the data I previously entered via the registration form. I understand that I can not use this form jos_chronoforms_registrazione because I have activated the plugin joomla registration isn't it?
GreyHead 08 Mar, 2010
Hi marketson,

I'm sorry, I don't understand the question you are asking.

Bob
marketson 09 Mar, 2010
What I did not understand is this: Why can not I use my registration form with the user profile page? I did not understand what enters the table jos_users. I would simply display all areas of my form in a link "more details". You think you can do Greyhead?

Thanks anyway for the help ...
GreyHead 10 Mar, 2010
Hi marketson,

I'm very sorry - I simply do not understand your questions clearly enough to answer them.

It is certainly possible:
[list]
  • To create a form to show the information from one table using the profile plugin.
  • To add information from the jos_users table using the Joomla User object
  • To link to this form from ChronoConenctivity
  • [/list]

Bob
    This topic is locked and no more replies can be posted.