Forums

Dynanic To causes server 500 error

PJMFD 20 Jul, 2009
I have set up a form where the user can choose who to send the form to by clciking on a radio button next to the person they wish to email.

I then use a "dynamic to" in the email set up to send the form details to the correct email address.

This works perfectly when using the "Link" in the forms manager in ChronoForms.
But when I actually go to the form on the website (embeded on a page using the plugin) it serves up a 500 Internal Server Error when I go to submit the form

I am using the latest version of ChronoForms_V3.1_RC5.3

Link to the website version :
http://79.170.44.105/hbc-oxford.org.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=24&Itemid=87

Link from Form Manager :
http://79.170.44.105/hbc-oxford.org.uk/index.php?option=com_chronocontact&chronoformname=contactForm

Many thanks
Peter
GreyHead 20 Jul, 2009
Hi Peter,

If you look at the page source on the 'web version' you'll see that the Email Cloaking Plugin is enabled and the code for the radio buttons looks like
<td nowrap="" width="29" valign="top" align="left">
<input id="jamesBloiceSmith" type="radio" checked="checked" value=" <script language='JavaScript' type='text/javascript'> <!-- var prefix = 'ma' + 'il' + 'to'; var path = 'hr' + 'ef' + '='; var addy17444 = 'peterm' + '@'; addy17444 = addy17444 + 'far-design' + '.' + 'com'; document.write( '<a ' + path + '\'' + prefix + ':' + addy17444 + '\'>' ); document.write( addy17444 ); document.write( '<\/a>' ); //-->\n </script> <script language='JavaScript' type='text/javascript'> <!-- document.write( '<span style=\'display: none;\'>' ); //--> </script>This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it <script language='JavaScript' type='text/javascript'> <!-- document.write( '</' ); document.write( 'span>' ); //--> </script>" name="radio"/>
</td>
. On the Form Manager version the Plugin isn't enabled and the code for the same input is correct
<td nowrap="" width="29" valign="top" align="left">
<input id="chrisBand" type="radio" value="pjm@far-design.com" name="radio"/>
</td>
If you disable the Email Cloaking plugin to check all shoudl be well. Changing the sequence of the Plugins usually fixes this though you'd probably be better off not showing the emails in the form html but adding them in the OnSubmit code.

Bob
PJMFD 20 Jul, 2009
Hello Bob

Many thanks for the prompt reply.

Not being a hands on coding type of chap, could you give me a pointer as to how to form the code for the OnSubmit. Always like tp try and learn as much as possible!

The other thing about changing the sequence of the plugins intrigues me! Do I understand right, that reordering the plugins makes a difference? If so, does the chronocontact go above or below the content-Email Cloaking? At present it is above it.

Many Thanks
Peter
GreyHead 21 Jul, 2009
Hi Peter,

1) Does changing the sequence of the plugins make a difference - Yes. I think that ChronoForms should run first - but whatever works.

2) See Fredrik's reply here

Bob
This topic is locked and no more replies can be posted.