Forums

Use {field_name} in the HEADER

emanuel 03 Jun, 2009
Hi, It seams that the HEADER section in connectivity doesn't accept the {field_name}. It just appears literally (example: {name} in the header appears as {name} in the html page).
Of course I can run a query, but since there is one ready and used within the WHERE and BODY, why can't I use it in the Header?
I need it when I link to a single entry connection.

Another question: Going through the forum, reveals many patches. Some submitted at year 2008. It is a bit confusing - what is relevant and what isn't? Is there a list of relevant patches and their purpose?
GreyHead 03 Jun, 2009
Hi Emanuel,

The header section is only displayed once - unlike the body section which is dsiplayed once for each record.

What do you expect {name} to display in the header section - the first record?

There is a new version of ChronoConnectivity due for release shortly that will include the fixes posted here and more.

Bob
emanuel 03 Jun, 2009
OK. I understand the dilemma.
But since I need it for a single row (WHERE `id`={ID}), do I have to call the database with a new query, or is there already an object I can use. Something like $row->name; ?

Any estimation for the new version of CC release? I just started to develop an application based on CC which supposes to run in about two weeks. Should I wait?
GreyHead 06 Jun, 2009
Hi emanual,

The new version is released.

If you are only viewing a single record, then you can put your header info in the body box instead. The values will be availalbe there.

Bob
This topic is locked and no more replies can be posted.