Forums

Redirect URL - to a Joomla content page?

altoidboy 22 Apr, 2009
CF 3.0.

When my user has finished filling out the form, I'd like to take them to a custom content page that has some special content on it.

So I created a new Section ("Static") and a new Category ("Thank yous") then created a new article ("Thank you for filling out the form") inside that Section and Category.

I have SEF URL's turned on in my Joomla 1.5.10 site.

Now, that thank you page is not going to be published in any menu anywhere. It should only be accessible by people who have successfully filled out the form.

So how do I know what the URL of that page is, so that I can copy and paste it into CF's "Redirect URL" field?
GreyHead 23 Apr, 2009
Hi altoidboy,

You cna work out the non-SEF url to include the article number; but easier is to create a hidden menu. Create the menu but don't publish it, then add the Thank You page to that menu and link to it.

Bob
thomasjojo 23 Apr, 2009
its better to create an article that says thank u, then search it up in the site and copy the url u get, example <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.site.com/thanks.html">www.site.com/thanks.html</a><!-- w -->

or if u use the native "ugly" joomla URL u dont have the issue of SEFs turned off

just remember that if u turn off the SEF (joomSEF or other)
altoidboy 24 Apr, 2009
I tried the hidden menu trick and it appears not to work. I created a new menu called Admin Area, then created the "thank you" article and added it as a menu item to the Admin Area menu, then copied the URL, then unpublished Admin Area (though not "thank you"), and now the URL doesn't work (leads to a 404).
Max_admin 24 Apr, 2009
try to set the menu "Admin Area" to published but to some module location which doesn't exist, although the solution you did should work just fine!!

Max
Max
ChronoForms developer...
Did you try ChronoMyAdmin for managing your Joomla database tables ?
altoidboy 24 Apr, 2009
Ah good idea -- I had added it to a menu item in my current mainmenu, then unpublished its parent item (Admin Area) inside mainmenu.

But I could create an ENTIRELY different menu -- dummymenu, for example -- then put Thank You in there, then simply never put dummymenu in a module position, or, as you say, in an unused module position.

Thanks for the tip -- I'm almost certain that'll work.
This topic is locked and no more replies can be posted.