Forums

All SMTP mail works except CF3

gdpodesta 03 Jan, 2009
Have read every thread about this, but to no avail. Attached is the debug after trying to get the mail to go via SMtP.

Joomla, Virtuemart, Fireboard, and all other email functions are/have been working properly. The debug says it went ok, but it doesn't, and it gives a PHPMAILER error (I'm using SMTP). Have tried many different email accounts, HTML/Text, the content of the email, and still no luck. Please, please....have done all the work to get a series of forms working in symphony, will be buying a licence (I always do), but I can't get the core piece to work!

Am using Joomla 1.5.7 and Chrono 3.0.

Thanks in advance, any assistance is appreciated.
GreyHead 03 Jan, 2009
Hi gdpodesta,

The error message is being thrown by the smtp mailer (see libraries/phpmailer/smtp.php function Recipient() at line 721).

Do you have anything in any other mail field Dynamic or Static To, BCC or CC?? (The ChronoForm's DeBug code only reports the 'To' field value).

If those are all clean then I'd go into smtp.php and output the debug to see what message the smtp server is sending back.

Bob
Max_admin 04 Jan, 2009
Try using another emails combination too ?

Regards
Max
Max
ChronoForms developer...
Did you try ChronoMyAdmin for managing your Joomla database tables ?
gdpodesta 04 Jan, 2009
Thanks for the quick reply. Have determined that it's either the Dynamic emails, or BCC....am tinkering now. All my other forms work dandy, but venturing out from a hardcoded email address is making me nuts, lol
This topic is locked and no more replies can be posted.