Forums

Form Actions Url disappear! Don't know why.

toutrav 20 Nov, 2008
I use the Chrono forms the version of 2.5 J1.5 RC3.1. the reason why i don't update to the Stable Version 3.0 is that I don't know how to use it.

The proble is I have used chrono forms to build the order submission form, see the following link, it works well.

http://www.tourtravelchina.com/yangtze-river-cruises/325-yangtze-river-cruise-of-yichang-chongqing-5-day-private-tour.html

Well, i don't know why and since when, some of the joomla content disappears the form, when we click the button, it dosen't change to the form. And i have checked the code in the content, I found that the "action"URL" disappeared. And I was try to add it and click save content of jOomla, it disappear again after save. I don't know why.

See the links without the action URL:

http://www.tourtravelchina.com/yangtze-river-cruises/353-yangtze-river-cruise-of-chongqing-yichang-4-day-private-tour.html

The unwanted form code:

<form method="post" style="text-align: center;"><input name="tour_name" value="Mt.Huangshan 4-Day Package Tour " type="hidden" /> <input name="submit" value="Customize Tour" type="submit" /> </form>

The right one I wan to install:

<form method="post" action="index.php?option=com_chronocontact&chronoformname=packagetourbooking" style="text-align: center;"><input name="tour_name" value="Mt.Huangshan 4-Day Package Tour " type="hidden" /> <input name="submit" value="Customize Tour" type="submit" /> </form> 

The joomla version has been updated 1.58
Anyone can help? Or is there any good idea to build a form to receive orders from the joomla content. And we can check the order at the back end.

Thank you.

John Meng
Max_admin 20 Nov, 2008
Hi John,

Please make it more clear, how do you insert a form into your content ? you should do this using the Chronoforms mambot, are you doing this ?

Regards
Max
Max
ChronoForms developer...
Did you try ChronoMyAdmin for managing your Joomla database tables ?
toutrav 20 Nov, 2008
Hi Max:

Thank you for your response, I have pasted the form in the source code as follows:

<table border="0" width="100%" id="table1">
<tbody>
<tr>
<td width="25%">
<p align="left"><strong>Tour Code: BJCN01</strong></p>
</td>
<td width="25%">
<p align="left"><strong>From $30 per person</strong></p>
</td>
<td width="50%"><form method="post"><input name="tour_name" value=" China Kungfu Show Night Tour  " type="hidden" /> <input name="submit" value="Travel Inquiry" type="submit" /> </form></td>

</tr>
</tbody>
</table>
<p><strong>Itinerary:</strong></p>
<p>Pick-up at traveler's hotel between 6:00pm-6:30pm by our guide and driver, then drive to the Beijing Acrobatic theatre. (Beijing Red Theatre) <br />Enjoy wonderful Kungfu Show from 7:15pm-8:30pm. <br />When Traditional Kungfu Show is over, drive the travelers back to their hotel around 9:00pm.</p>
<table border="0" width="80%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" id="table1">
<tbody>
<tr>
<td><strong>Tour Price Per Person</strong></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td width="100%" align="left" valign="top">
<table border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" bordercolor="#7f9db9">
<tbody>
<tr>
<td height="25" width="12%">Code</td>
<td height="25" width="12%">Departure Time</td>
<td height="25" width="16%">Vehicle</td>
<td height="50" width="14%">Departure Date</td>
<td height="25" width="31%">Price</td>
<td height="25" width="15%">Book</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td height="25">BJCN01</td>
<td height="25">18:00pm</td>
<td height="25">Coach Bus</td>
<td height="50">Daily</td>
<td height="25" align="center">Adults:$33(CNY220) <br />Children:$30(CNY200)</td>
<td><form height="25" method="post"><input name="tour_name2" value="  China Kungfu Show Night Tour   " type="hidden" /> <input name="submit" value="Reservation" type="submit" /> </form></td>
</tr>

</tbody>
</table>
</td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>
<p><br /><strong>Price Includes</strong> <br />Round trip transfer to your hotel <br />Air-conditioned Coach <br />Entrance Tickets <br />Professional English-speaking tour guide <br /> <br /><strong>Price Excludes <br /></strong>Tips to the guide or driv</p>

As you can see, the action value is missing, I have saved but, it dosen't work.

http://www.tourtravelchina.com/beijing-tour/28-beijing-coach-tour/224-china-kungfu-show-night-tour.html

John
toutrav 20 Nov, 2008
Hi Max:

Thank you for your response, I have pasted the form in the source code as follows:
<table border="0" width="100%" id="table1">
<tbody>
<tr>
<td width="25%">
<p align="left"><strong>Tour Code: BJCN01</strong></p>
</td>
<td width="25%">
<p align="left"><strong>From $30 per person</strong></p>
</td>
<td width="50%"><form method="post"><input name="tour_name" value=" China Kungfu Show Night Tour  " type="hidden" /> <input name="submit" value="Travel Inquiry" type="submit" /> </form></td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>
<p><strong>Itinerary:</strong></p>
<p>Pick-up at traveler's hotel between 6:00pm-6:30pm by our guide and driver, then drive to the Beijing Acrobatic theatre. (Beijing Red Theatre) <br />Enjoy wonderful Kungfu Show from 7:15pm-8:30pm. <br />When Traditional Kungfu Show is over, drive the travelers back to their hotel around 9:00pm.</p>
<table border="0" width="80%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" id="table1">
<tbody>
<tr>
<td><strong>Tour Price Per Person</strong></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td width="100%" align="left" valign="top">
<table border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" bordercolor="#7f9db9">
<tbody>
<tr>
<td height="25" width="12%">Code</td>
<td height="25" width="12%">Departure Time</td>
<td height="25" width="16%">Vehicle</td>
<td height="50" width="14%">Departure Date</td>
<td height="25" width="31%">Price</td>
<td height="25" width="15%">Book</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td height="25">BJCN01</td>
<td height="25">18:00pm</td>
<td height="25">Coach Bus</td>
<td height="50">Daily</td>
<td height="25" align="center">Adults:$33(CNY220) <br />Children:$30(CNY200)</td>
<td><form height="25" method="post"><input name="tour_name2" value="  China Kungfu Show Night Tour   " type="hidden" /> <input name="submit" value="Reservation" type="submit" /> </form></td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>
</td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>
<p><br /><strong>Price Includes</strong> <br />Round trip transfer to your hotel   <br />Air-conditioned Coach   <br />Entrance Tickets <br />Professional English-speaking tour guide <br />  <br /><strong>Price Excludes <br /></strong>Tips to the guide or driv</p>

As you can see, the action value is missing, I have saved but, it dosen't work.

http://www.tourtravelchina.com/beijing-tour/28-beijing-coach-tour/224-china-kungfu-show-night-tour.html

John
GreyHead 20 Nov, 2008
Hi John,

You can't use <form . . .></form> tags in a ChronoForms form. ChronoForms creates it's own form tags.

With these simple forms you could use urls instead of forms
<a href="index.php?option=com_chronocontact&chronoformname=packagetourbooking&tour_code=BJCN01">Book Here</a>
. These will work in a ver similar way to the forms.

Bob
toutrav 21 Nov, 2008
Hi Bob:

Thank you for your reply. Please note that I use the form tag to use the form method="post" and action="index.php?option=com_chronocontact&chronoformname=packagetourbooking", and hide the tour name - China Kungfu Show Night Tour , in next page, I use "<?php echo $_POST["tour_name"]; ?>" to make the tour name of China Kungfu Show Night listed in the form, so that I can get the Booked Tour name in back end, which I consider it as an order.

<td width="50%"><form method="post" action=".php?option=com_chronocontact&chronoformname=packagetourbooking"><input name="tour_name" value=" China Kungfu Show Night Tour  " type="hidden" /> <input name="submit" value="Travel Inquiry" type="submit" /> </form></td>

I don't know if it can be worked out simly put an URL as you say. However, I use the the form tag by some of the Joomla content, it works fine. But some removed the url, don't why. Do you have any idea? Or, if could you be so kind to customized an order booking form to collect the order (including the tour name) from Joomla Content, which I can manage it from back end? I wait for your response.

My web page is:

<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.tourtravelchina.com">www.tourtravelchina.com</a><!-- w -->

John Meng
GreyHead 21 Nov, 2008
Hi John,

You can add field to the URL and retrieve them using the $_GET or $_REQUEST arrays in the same way as $_POST (please see the PHP manual for more information). The only real difference is that you need to urlencode and urldecode any values with spaces or other special characters.

You cannot use form tags inside a ChronoForms form, if you want to set an action then you can do this in the FormURLs tab.

Bob
This topic is locked and no more replies can be posted.