/**/body div.chronoquote { background: #fff url(images/quotebg.png) no-repeat; margin: 0.5em 0.5em 0.5em 10px; padding-left: 30px; padding-top: 0.4em; border-left: #e5e5d8 5px solid;}/* For lte IE7 */*:first-child+html {} * html {} div.chronoquote { background: #fff url(images/quotebg.png) no-repeat 5px 0px; margin: 0.5em 0.5em 0.5em 10px; padding-left: 30px; padding-top: 0.4em; border-left: #e5e5d8 5px solid;}/*this will NOT work in IE (for now anyway) !!! */div.chronoquote:before { content: "Quote: "; /* change "quote" to your language or anything if you like... */ font-weight: bold; display: block; /* for linebreak after quote */ margin-bottom: 0.5em;}As you can see, I created " Quote: " text through css which will not work in IE, but I spent so much time fighting IE6 in the past, I consider it a bonus for those using other browsers 8) *************Hope someone will find it useful."> Changing the quote display style (v1.2) - Forums

Forums

Changing the quote display style (v1.2)

Sadowskin 20 Oct, 2008
I wanted to change the display style of the quotes for the great Chronocomments component v1.2 on my site.
I think you can do this with the blocquote style in your template.css but I wanted a seperate style for Chronocomments...
Maybe it can be useful to someone else. The steps I took (the ones I remember :twisted: ):

Backup the original chronocomments files !!!
Make sure you can write to directories and files mentioned below.
If you chmod files and/or dirs to write to make sure to chmod them back to their previous permissions.

OPEN {joomla}/plugins/content/ChronoComments.php

on line# 89 FIND
$document->addCustomTag('<!--[if !IE]> <--><link href="'.JURI::Base().'components/com_chronocomments/style.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" /><!--> <![endif]-->');

AFTER INSERT
$document->addCustomTag('<link href="'.JURI::Base().'components/com_chronocomments/chronoquote.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />');

on line# 320 FIND AND REPLACE
'<p style="font-weight: bold; padding: 0px; margin: 0px;">Quote:</p><blockquote style="padding: 0px; margin: 0px;">$1</blockquote>',

BY

'<div class="chronoquote">$1</div>',

SAVE AND CLOSE FILE
OPEN {joomla}/components/com_chronocomments/chronocomments.php

on line# 768 FIND AND REPLACE
'<p style="font-weight: bold; padding: 0px; margin: 0px;">Quote:</p><blockquote style="padding: 0px; margin: 0px;">$1</blockquote>',

BY
'<div class="chronoquote">$1</div>',

SAVE AND CLOSE FILE

You can now create a {joomla}/components/com_chronocomments/chronoquote.css file and change the style of the div to anything you like.

my chronoquote.css:
@charset "utf-8";
/* quote styling css for Quotes in ChronoComments http://chronoengine.com v1.2 (X.2008) */

/* For browsers other than IE */
html>/**/body div.chronoquote {
   	background: #fff url(images/quotebg.png) no-repeat;
	margin: 0.5em 0.5em 0.5em 10px;
	padding-left: 30px;
	padding-top: 0.4em;
	border-left: #e5e5d8 5px solid;
}

/* For lte IE7 */
*:first-child+html {} * html {} div.chronoquote {
   	background: #fff url(images/quotebg.png) no-repeat 5px 0px;
	margin: 0.5em 0.5em 0.5em 10px;
	padding-left: 30px;
	padding-top: 0.4em;
	border-left: #e5e5d8 5px solid;
}

/*this will NOT work in IE (for now anyway) !!! */
div.chronoquote:before {  
	content: "Quote: "; /* change "quote" to your language or anything if you like... */

font-weight: bold;

display: block; /* for linebreak after quote */
	margin-bottom: 0.5em;
}

As you can see, I created " Quote: " text through css which will not work in IE, but I spent so much time fighting IE6 in the past, I consider it a bonus for those using other browsers 8)

Hope someone will find it useful.
Max_admin 20 Oct, 2008
Great addon, thanks for sharing!🙂

Regards,
Max
Max
ChronoForms developer...
Did you try ChronoMyAdmin for managing your Joomla database tables ?
Maxvn 16 Dec, 2008
Thank for share,
i will use this qoute for my site.

regards,
Sadowskin 16 Dec, 2008
If you want you can use my bg image I put in the
{joomla}/components/com_chronocomments/images/
directory too.
This topic is locked and no more replies can be posted.