Forums

container div and template files

Sadowskin 01 Oct, 2008
Hi !

GREAT component !!! So thank you, thank you, thank you!

Just a quick remark or 2;

I installed the component and my page layout was completely broken. Before I was going to get rid of the component entirely, I wanted to know what happened because I REALLY like where this component is going !!!

Using a div with the #container id to put the comments in is understandable, but kinda tricky for some of us… I, like many of us, was taught to use a ‘container’ or ‘wrapper’ or whatever div to hold the page. I picked mine a few years ago and have used it since. It happened to be… container.
No big problem: I changed my container div’s id name to Johnnny Logan’s 'HoldMeNow' (not really 😶 )

Maybe it would be better to hold the comments form in an ‘chronocommentscontainer’ id or something like that to avoid these kind of problems with template files. Reading the forums, this could be one.

And some other weirdness, but not a problem because I use 'Descending'
When I choose Ascending order in the Latest Comments Module, that is kinda useless because it shows the same first 5 comments forever and ever and ever… or is that just me? ;-))
Max_admin 01 Oct, 2008
Hi Sadowskin,

Thank you, I will change those common classes then and will check the module order code!

Best regards

Max
Max
ChronoForms developer...
Did you try ChronoMyAdmin for managing your Joomla database tables ?
This topic is locked and no more replies can be posted.