Forums

Fields not being store in database

reneechung 18 Sep, 2008
I have successfully install Chronoform and have successfully make the form (i'm using the html editor way) to appear in my content page. When I submitted details, it has also successfully sent me an email with all the fields. The only problem is that it's not being store in the database. I've linked it to a table and it showed that it has linked to the form.

Did I miss out something?
Max_admin 18 Sep, 2008
Hi renee,

Are you using the plugin ? lets test with the default form page, not the content page if you are using the plugin.

so, the table appears beside teh form in the management area ? did you enable the DB connection above the tables list ? what happens when you click the table name on the management area ?
Max
ChronoForms developer...
Did you try ChronoMyAdmin for managing your Joomla database tables ?
reneechung 19 Sep, 2008
hi there,

Thanks for replying. This morning when I try the form again it returns me this error.

_POST: Array ( [user_type] => student [first_name] => wer [last_name] => wer [email] => wer [phone] => wer [password] => wer [age] => item1 [location] => location1 [university] => university1 )

Fatal error: Call to a member function bind() on a non-object in /home/reneec/public_html/joomla/components/com_chronocontact/chronocontact.php(571) : eval()'d code on line 12

In response to your question:

Are you using the plugin?
I'm using the ChronoForms Bot 0.6 J1.5

lets test with the default form page, not the content page if you are using the plugin.
I'm not sure where's the default form page.

so, the table appears beside teh form in the management area?
erm... which table?

did you enable the DB connection above the tables list?
Yes i did

what happens when you click the table name on the management area ?
It will show me the table with the line of record which i've manually added through phpmyadmin.
Max_admin 19 Sep, 2008
Hi renee,

please use the form page to test, the link to the form page is beside the form name in the forms management area!

whats your table name was ?

let me know!

Cheers

Max
Max
ChronoForms developer...
reneechung 19 Sep, 2008
My table name is jos_chronoforms_register.
Max_admin 19 Sep, 2008
Hi Renee, you need to test with the form page link, not the plugin, did you manage to do this ?
Max
ChronoForms developer...
reneechung 24 Sep, 2008
I manage to install the chronoform component successfully. After I've inserted data into the form and clicked on save, it shows this message "You are not allowed to access this URL". Any idea?

My form is actually a group of html code copied and paste to the form code. All my form elements have "name". Below are the steps that I took:

1. Create a new form and name it register.
2. Copy and paste the html code into the form editor.
3. Save the form.
4. Select the register form and create table chronoforms_register.
5. Edit register form and check on the Yes for database storage and select chronoforms_register as the table.
6. Click save.
7. Test form.
8. Error Message "You are not allowed to access this URL" occur and data is not save.

Did I miss out anything?
Max_admin 24 Sep, 2008
Hi renee, you never answer my question, at step 7, "7. Test form.", how do you test the form ? from where do you get the from link ?
Max
ChronoForms developer...
reneechung 24 Sep, 2008
I put the form using the {chronoform}register{/chronoform} which i posted in an article page.
Max_admin 24 Sep, 2008
then you don't have the latest mambot, please get the latest mambot from the downloads area, it should be V0.8, uninstall your mambot and install and enable this one and it ill work!

Cheers

Max
Max
ChronoForms developer...
reneechung 24 Sep, 2008
Hi Max,

Thanks man! Finally data is being stored. However there is some error messages that came out once i submitted the data.

Here it is:

_POST: Array ( [user_type] => Type 1 [first_name] => First Name [last_name] => Last Name [email] => [email]email@email.com[/email] [phone] => 12345 [password] => 12345 [age] => Age 1 [university_location] => Location 2 [university] => University 3 [1c561d9963ed627f79966f6fed23970c] =>
Max_admin 24 Sep, 2008
Hi Renee, this is not an error but its debug turned on, turn it off at the form edit page!

Regards

Max
Max
ChronoForms developer...
reneechung 25 Sep, 2008
Hi Max,

Everything works now. Thanks so much for helping out. I appreciate it a lot.🙂
Max_admin 25 Sep, 2008
gr8
Max
ChronoForms developer...
This topic is locked and no more replies can be posted.