Forums

WordPress Website Error: Unable to Access Admin Dashboard After Plugin Installation

joesmith 23 Feb, 2024
Hello ChronoEngine community,

I'm encountering a perplexing issue with my WordPress website, and I'm hoping to tap into the collective expertise here to find a solution.

Here's the problem I'm facing:

After installing and activating a new plugin on my WordPress website, I suddenly lost access to the admin dashboard. Whenever I attempt to navigate to the admin login page (/wp-admin), I'm met with an error message stating "404 Not Found" or "Page Not Found." This occurs regardless of the browser or device I use to access the site.

Here are some additional details that might help diagnose the issue:

Plugin Installation: The problem began immediately after I installed and activated the new plugin. However, I'm unable to access the plugin settings or deactivate it through the admin dashboard due to the login page being inaccessible.

Theme and Plugin Compatibility: Prior to installing the new plugin, my website was functioning normally without any issues. Therefore, I suspect that the problem might be related to a compatibility issue between the new plugin and either the WordPress theme or other existing plugins on my site.

Server Configuration: I've checked with my hosting provider to ensure that there are no server-side issues causing the problem. They've confirmed that the server is running normally and that there haven't been any recent changes or updates that could have triggered the issue.

Troubleshooting Attempts: So far, I've attempted to access the site using a different web browser, cleared my browser cache and cookies, and even tried accessing the admin dashboard from an incognito/private browsing window. However, none of these steps have resolved the issue.

Given these circumstances, I'm at a loss as to how to proceed in resolving this issue and regaining access to my WordPress admin dashboard. Any insights, suggestions, or troubleshooting steps would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time and assistance.
Max_admin 24 Feb, 2024
you just installed Chronoforms on WordPress ? which version ? where did you get that installer ?
Max
ChronoForms developer...
Did you try ChronoMyAdmin for managing your Joomla database tables ?
Bodzio 17d ago
1 Likes

You sold several hundred licenses of chronoforms for WordPress (including me). People created their applications on this basis. And over a year ago you turned off support for the wordpress version and left people alone with serious errors in chronoforms and no possibility to switch to PHP 8.x. This is not right!

You need to login to be able to post a reply.