Forums

Converting CF7 to CF8

kraadde 30 Jan, 2024
Is there a convertion tool available to convert CF7 to CF8?
Max_admin 06 Feb, 2024
No unfortunately, I'm planning to build one, but not all features work exactly the same, so it may also be confusing for new v8 users

Did you try v8 ?
Max
ChronoForms developer...
Did you try ChronoMyAdmin for managing your Joomla database tables ?
kraadde 06 Feb, 2024
Dear Max,

I was trying to convert my CF5 forms to the new CF8 version. However some function are not available (yet?). Especially multiple field can not be made conditional (or I did not find the way to do it!).

So I went back to CF7 and I am still stuck with some problems. It would be really helpful to have a more comprehensive manual or the support that was available in the earlier days. The youtube tutorials are OK but only for some basic forms. As soon as some complex forms are needed, the guessing beginns..
I miss the great help that Grayhead provided us in the past.
Max_admin 07 Feb, 2024
Please let me know the features you want to have explained and I will try to prepare a video or a tutorial

Did you check the Events Triggers and Listeners ? you can enable/disable fields validations using a listener on the field you want to make conditional
Max
ChronoForms developer...
Did you try ChronoMyAdmin for managing your Joomla database tables ?
webbusteruk 07 Feb, 2024
Hi Max, is there a rough timeline for when Chronoforms8 will get a Connectivity mode?

Currently we are having to convert all our forms/connections to CF7 because CF8 can't do connectivity stuff yet .. (eg calling "Actions" in different views/pages).
kraadde 12 Feb, 2024
Max,

I have tried myself to madness, but can not find the solution for the following attached form. always no data saved on the database table and no pdf file uploaded. Can you please help me out?
EingabeExkursionen_12_Feb_2024_15_58_53.cf7bak

Form with dropdown selection and conditional multifields. Upload pdf and data to be sent to database. Confimation after completion.

You need to login to be able to post a reply.