Forums

CF7 - Table List view - View and edit buttons

mayergreenberg259 23 Nov, 2023
I am using cf7 to display a list selected from a database table with the 'table list' page block in the 'views' section.
In addition to the fields stored in the database, I would like each row to have clickable buttons (view and edit buttons) which link to another form that can edit a certain row in the database table. My problem is that I can only get actual columns in the tables to be displayed.
This button functionality was available in cf5. Is it also available in cf7?
If not, are there any alternative ways to accomplish this?

Thank you.
Pkoll 23 Nov, 2023
Define in the Table columns a Edit of Delete path and header filed
Update the area's and position in the filed a TextNode (see page blocks)
in the text node you can define link to other pages and update what you want

succes
Paul
mayergreenberg259 26 Nov, 2023
Thank you, that worked.

One more question:
How can I reference the data pulled from the database within the TextNode? I would like to be able to use the data for each row to use in the links.
Colnem 26 Nov, 2023
Hi
InTable List add a checkbox Element, for exemple named mycheckbox.
In Table List checkbox Element, modify the html name of the element, indexed with the user:id.
HTML TAG ATTRIBUTES: name="mycheckbox[{var:user.id}]" (override)

In your form, add a button to submit.
In your submit page, for each checkbox selected, you find this...
data: mychexkbox
user.id.1 = 1
user.id.2 = 1
Pkoll 26 Nov, 2023
Hello,
In the link in the textnode you Can add a link with an attribute like: rulle as name and value {var:Model1.id}
Where Model1 is de name of the table.
Succes
Paul1
darkarturo 23 Jun, 2024

Excuse me, sincerely or I understand very well. I have already been able to list my table so you can see the data, but could you make a video where I can show it so I can edit it? or see. Please

Pkoll 23 Jun, 2024

Hi,

I have made two pictures,

The first is the text node with the link in it. With this link I link to the page bezetting.aanpassen, where I cab edit a record from the database. Therefore I define a parameter whiten the link called "regel" with the value {var:bezetting.id}

In  the second picture you can see how I read the database record with the linked parameters.

So I hope this helps you.

Greetings

Paul,

Pkoll 25 Jun, 2024

Hello

In the first page of your form you have defined the table view with “edit” as the last column. The text node in that field contains a link to the second page and the fields “regel” and value {Modelname.id}.

In the second page define the action: read tablerecord with where clause id = {data:regel}.

In the view you define fields filled with the fields you want to change with the value {val:Modelname.0.fieldname}

succes,

Paul

darkarturo 25 Jun, 2024

Excuse me for being a fool, but I don't understand you.....  🙁

Pkoll 26 Jun, 2024

What  you don’t understand?

do you use debug?

send me the debug information of a backup file from your form.

paul

darkarturo 26 Jun, 2024

I activate debugging and nothing comes out, I still attach my view form

Pkoll 28 Jun, 2024

Hello,

Now I know wat the problem is. I try to help you with Chronoform and you work with chronoconnection.

I don't use that tool, so maybe you can try your problem with Chronoforms?

Greetings 

Paul

darkarturo 28 Jun, 2024

You're right... because I thought that only with chronoconevitivity can you edit and list. Could you help me then how can I do it with chronoform?

darkarturo 28 Jun, 2024

Hello, if you are right, I was using the create form option, they gave me 3 options in which I chose chronoconnectivity. In the same way, I already put it as a form, but it still has the same problem, the table is not shown, I am attaching my form, so you can review it.

Pkoll 29 Jun, 2024

Hallo,

Thats a mysql error and not a chronoforms error. It is just an example so you can know how to use a table view and a text node field.

I wish you luck with your forms.

Bye

Paul

You need to login to be able to post a reply.