Forums

Blank Page (Admin)

zoom 14 Sep, 2008
After installing chronoforms 3.0 Beta 2.1 successfully I'm unable to access the component to create forms etc. When I click on the component menu and select "Chrono Forms/Forms Management" I'm presented with a blank page. I've tried running with gzip both on and off same result. I've included the versions of software I'm running. If you need, I'm willing to allow you to access the dev site to debug.

Thank you for your time.

Joomla 1.5.7
Chronoforms 3.0 Beta 2.1
LiteSpeed WebServer 3.3.18
Max_admin 14 Sep, 2008
Hi zoom, did you have BETA 2 installed before and you uninstalled it ? if so then did you create any menu items with the Chronoforms menu creator tool ?
Max
ChronoForms developer...
Did you try ChronoMyAdmin for managing your Joomla database tables ?
zoom 14 Sep, 2008
I didn't have Beta 2 installed prior to installing Beta 2.1. I did try uninstalling Beta 2.1 and installing Beta 2, however the result was the same. I'm not seeing an error in the logs, or with php configuration.
Max_admin 14 Sep, 2008
ok, you can send me a PM with admin login

Regards

Max
Max
ChronoForms developer...
Alan McGaughey 21 Sep, 2008
Hi,

This sounds very much like the problem I'm having.

I've installed ChronoForms v3 (the latest release) to two Joomla 1.5.7 websites both with the same hosting company, one works fine with no problems at all, but the other is suffering the 'blank page' problem. If I go back a page in my browser and refresh, this is the message I'm given...

Component Install: Another Component is already using directory: "/home/sites/mysite.org.uk/public_html/components/com_chronocontact"

I've checked the directory mentioned but cannot see anything amiss, I've tried uninstalling the component and re-installing but still get the blank page and error message, any ideas would be much appreciated, thanks.
Max_admin 21 Sep, 2008
Hi Alan,

Did you try to switch OFF gzip compression at your website global config area ?

Cheers

Max
Max
ChronoForms developer...
Alan McGaughey 21 Sep, 2008
Hi Max,

Many thanks for that, Gzip was indeed switched on at the problematic site and switched off at the un-problematic site, I've now switched it off and can access the ChronoForms menu items so it looks like you've solved my headache with just a few words and in just a few minutes! Fantastic! I should have said that I'm a relative newbie to Joomla and websites in generalšŸ˜¶

I'm really looking forward to using this software, many thanks again for your support Max.

Regards

Alan
Max_admin 21 Sep, 2008
Hi Alan,

No worries at all, glad that solved it!

Best regards

Max
Max
ChronoForms developer...
jimwin 26 Oct, 2008
Hi Max,

A similar problem on my production website today after I upgraded Joomla from 1.5.3 to 1.5.7. The Chronoforms admin page refused to load, and interestingly my main form also started to malfunction. Sending of email data worked, but input of data into the Mysql database failed. Switching off GZIP compression has fixed this, but I'm not sure how this will effect my website performance.

Current Chronoforms version is 2.5 J1.5 RC3.1. I've been holding off upgrading Chrono until the end of the season, as I believe I need to reinput the forms if I upgrade.

Does the latest Chronoform still have the GZIP compression issue?

Regards,
Jim
Max_admin 26 Oct, 2008
Hi Jim,

V3.0 stable has been reported to have the same issue with some users yes and I'm trying to fix it because its very hard to generate the issue on my server or local machine, some user has given me access to his server to do it and I will try to fix it there.

Cheers
Max
Max
ChronoForms developer...
jimwin 27 Oct, 2008
Thanks for the update Max!

I will hold fire for now, and upgrade it when the issue as been resolved. I haven't spotted any performance issues running without GZIP yet.

Jim
hwhite 12 Nov, 2008
I am having the same issue. I started a new project with 1.5.7 admin chrono component is blank. Works
in previous versions of joomla.

Please advise. Thanks

PHP Built on: Windows NT HLX-BLACK 5.1 build 2600
Database Version: 5.0.51b-community-nt
Database Collation: utf8_general_ci
PHP Version: 5.2.6
Web Server: Apache/2.2.8 (Win32) PHP/5.2.6
Web Server to PHP interface: apache2handler
Joomla! Version: Joomla! 1.5.7 Production/Stable [ Wovusani ] 9-September-2008 23:00 GMT
Max_admin 12 Nov, 2008
Hi hwhite,

GZIP is ON or OFF ?

Regards
Max
Max
ChronoForms developer...
hwhite 12 Nov, 2008
It is on. I turned it off and it worked. What is the cause? Will future updates allow me to turn it back on?

Thanks for your help.
This topic is locked and no more replies can be posted.