Forums

Chronoforms8 - when is ChronoConnectivity 8 expected?

Elita 10 Aug, 2023
Thank you, Max, for you hard work making our lifes easier🙂
Took a look on the Chronoforms 8 - seems very promising. Layout is self explanatory, functionality seems still in progress.
It would be very nice if functionality would be the same as it was in Chronoforms 6.
The best thing about Chronoforms 6 was that is was hightly customizable - everything that was needed and was not built-in was possible to add with the code.

Is there any idea when Connectivity 8 will be out?

Wishing you all the best on future CF development -
Elita
teldrive 10 Aug, 2023
I vote por these wishes also
Max_admin 10 Aug, 2023
Hi Elita,

Thank you!🙂

"functionality seems still in progress", which functionality is not yet ready for you ? the new update has TCPDF, Loop and Fields events.

I'm still not sure if Connectivity 8 should be a different extension or be a feature in CFv8, did you try Connectivity mode in v7 ? what are your thoughts ?
Max
ChronoForms developer...
Did you try ChronoMyAdmin for managing your Joomla database tables ?
teldrive 10 Aug, 2023
Max , as Alita says: CF6&CCv6 is hightly customizable - everything that was needed and was not built-in was possible to add with the code.
CF6&CCv6(teldrive) in my opinion is highly structured in small blocks when something fails or needs different behaviour you go direct to a small block to change
I don't know the effort you have to do to adapt to joomla 4, other extension developers don't talk very well about Joomla 4 strategyhttps://getk2.org/blog/k2-v2-11-rolling-releases-joomla-4-and-more(in section K2, Joomla 4 & beyond...) anyway I believe CF8 has very nice improvement in joint action and view pages to get full control of the execution , but please keep CC8 in your schedule as the necesary part of list/manage/order/export/filter the data we collect with CF8 ;-)
Max_admin 11 Aug, 2023
@teldrive, I think CF8 is also customizable with code blocks, but if you have suggestions then please let me know.

@Elita, I modified the avatar image size and that has reset your image, sorry for the inconvenience.
Max
ChronoForms developer...
Elita 11 Aug, 2023
2 Likes
Hi, Max, thank you for so promt reply😀 happy you are online.

some thoughts about the Forms (ChronoForms) and Tables (Connectivity):
First of all (as I use them), they have completely different usage and purposes -
1) Forms are for collecting/editing data;
2) Tables for diplaying data.
So they should be somehow separated to have clean, convenient usage while developing/administrating forms and tables.
Sorry, I was not an eager user of CF7 as you know, however I noticed that erlier versions of CF7 were very hard to use since forms and tables were merged in one app and that created messy layout. Later, if I remember correctly, you separated that and one could choose forms or tables creation separately (sorry if something is not stated correctly). This is good; however - all the forms and tables were listed in one forms manager table that might become long enought for user to conveniently manage it.
My suggestion is that Forms and Tables might be one Compnent but you should find the way of how the user could manage the list - sort, categorize, etc.
In addition - It would be nice if you created the possibility to save functions and events to use them between the forms and tables.🙂 and, of course, as it was in v6 - forms might be included in CCv6 if needed.

Second, about the missing functionality - I was not able to locate how to dynamically reload data and how to make Standalone pages. Sorry if this functionality is embedded I just screened through the new version.

I will start testing the functionality as soon as you enable the table views, I promise. Till then I will stick to good old CF6&CCv6 pair.
Wishing you all the best on your good work -

Elita
Elita 11 Aug, 2023
About Avatar - you should take a look. I uploaded the file again but seems that file link is broken. now I cannot get rid of that picture😀
Elita 12 Aug, 2023
Hi, Max, just noticed some very important features missing: Areas - Please, add the Grid area with all the features it had (please!) and Container area. those are VERY important for form to be customizable. Segment could be good too. BTW - what framework are you using?
Or the question is - in my experience,
Chronoforms 6 and CCv6 was built on Semantic UI, that often conflicted with Bootstrap that Joomla template was built with.
So, in my CF6&CCv6 forms I used Semantic UI too.
Now it seems that you are using NUI? what would be your suggestion on how would CF8 user build/stylize forms?
Elita
Elita 12 Aug, 2023
Other thing - CF6&CCv6 had two types of form preview: inside the Joomla administrator and with the Webage template.
Now the preview is only with the Joomla 4 Administrator template.
E.
Max_admin 17 Aug, 2023
Hi Elita,

About your avatar, please try again to upload a new avatar and let me know.
About NUI, it's a small alternative to Semantic, pure JS without JQuery, you are free to use it or use your own CSS/JS

What are Table views ? a Table to connect to a data source and specify it's columns ?
Max
ChronoForms developer...
Elita 21 Aug, 2023
2 Likes
Hi, Max, sorry for the late reply -
By Table views I mean Connectivity6 in all its beauty - all the features it has.
Seriously, Max, I don'' t understand why are you trying to invent something new when you have the best product ever.
It was (CCv6) so well structured - Wiews, Events, Functions, everything was clear and customizable. Seriously? Why? Why do you have questions of what should be included in CF8? My answer is - everything that was in CF6 and CCv6 + some features that I will tell you later when these will be included in the new CF8 version!

Sincerely,
Elita
unicserv642 29 Aug, 2023
"which functionality is not yet ready for you ? the new update has TCPDF, Loop and Fields events."
Please offer some examples of repeatable fields using the "loop". I don't find any way to repeat fields using the interface.
webbusteruk 29 Aug, 2023
Agree with Elita, CC6 was very versatile and as close to a perfect solution as we needed. We do understand unfortunately due to PHP8 it was no longer viable.

Everything that was in CC6 should and need to be included in CF8.
Elita 30 Aug, 2023
Max, about the Grid area - is it possible that you added Bootstrap Grid system to the Forms view area? As you did with Semantic UI grid?
And, considering that bootstrap is already built in Joomla, it could be the general features so it would not be "tied" to the version.
So, it could be the basic system with "row"s and "col"umns with the possibility to add the class. In better world classes could be defined🙂

E.
You need to login to be able to post a reply.