Different email addresses depending on choice of dropdown

pg pgrnycomdir 29 Oct, 2022
I will attempt to ask my question again and be more clear about it this time.
​
I have a Dropdown where:
​
Value 1 if chosen, must be emailed to two separate email addresses
Value 2 if chosen, must be emailed to two other email addresses
Value 3 if chosen, must be emailed to two other email addresses
Value 4 if chosen, must be emailed to two other email addresses
Value 5 if chosen, must be emailed to two other email addresses
Value 6 if chosen, must be emailed to two other email addresses
Value 7 if chosen, must be emailed to two other email addresses
Value 8 if chosen, must be emailed to two other email addresses
Value 9 if chosen, must be emailed to two other email addresses
​
So as you can see each value choice has two separate email addresses. A total of 18 different emails, 2 email addresses for each choice of the dropdown.
​
The email addresses MUST be hidden so as not to be spammed or scraped.
​
I still do not understand where and how I would do this in Chronoforms 7.
​
This is obviously and Advanced Form. Is it in the EDITOR section of the form? Is it in the ACTIONS section of the form?
​
And further, is it a CONDITION? Is it a VARIABLE?
​
How do I write this? AND no, I do not write PHP.
​
I would really appreciate some step by step here. It used to be a lot easier with SWITCHES in CF 6.
​
Hopefully this post is clearer with what I am trying to do. My existing forms all do this in CF 6, and unfortunately I must now try to make it happen with CF 7.
​
Thank you to anyone who can help. I am beyond frustrated at this point.
​
Best regards and thank you in advance,
Donna
Co Colnem 30 Oct, 2022
Hi
​
The best is to use a PHP Action in your end page.
You have to build a data with the choice of the dropdown
​
The principle:
In php, write an array like
​

1=>array(0=>'address11',1=> 'address12')
2=>array(0=>'address21',2=> 'address22')
3=>array(0=>'address31', 3=>'address32')
…


​
You return the array of the choice. Example, if the choice is 7 you return array(7=>'address71', 3=>'address72')
​
Then you use this array to send your mail...
pg pgrnycomdir 30 Oct, 2022
Colnem,
​
Okay, I see where I can add PHP to the Actions in my End Page.
​
Now where or how to you ever tell in your example what 1 is?
​
My radio field name is region. The radio give values 1 through 9.
​
So how do I write the for my personal example? In other words where the do you give the definition of what array 1 is coming from what field?
​
I'm sorry I just don't understand.
​
Again, like I said, I do not know PHP coding.
​
Thank you
Donna
pg pgrnycomdir 30 Oct, 2022
OK, let me try and ask a different way.
​
How does the system know what the data provider is in the PHP action?
This topic is locked and no more replies can be posted.