display contents of input after submitting the form

Display form submission data in a confirmation message.

Overview

The issue occurs when trying to show user input from form fields after submission, as standard placeholders like {name} do not work.
In the form's end page, add a Message Action and use the placeholder {data:} to display all submitted data or {data:fieldname} for a specific field. To show variables from the start page, first save them using a Variable Action to transfer them into the data array.

Answered
ChronoForms v7
gv gvannauw 26 Oct, 2022
Hi everyone
I am experimenting with Chronoforms hoping to use it on the new website that I am buidling for our club. I have created a form 'request membership' and would like to return the user's input after he pressed/pushed the submit button, some like
​
Thank you for your submission
You have entered following information
​
name (followed by the contents of the field the user has input)
firstname
address
​
etc
​
Unfortunately, I found no method to do so
I tried {name}
{data: name}
​
all without result
​
Does anyone has a solution to above?
​
Tks
Co Colnem 26 Oct, 2022
Hi
After submission, you can see all fields by {data:} in a Message Action in end page. It's better to try {data.pr:}
​
To see one field named myfield, you have to use {data:myfield} or {data.pr:myfield}
gv gvannauw 02 Nov, 2022
thank you. I'll give it a try..
So if I understand correctly, I drag the field 'message' from the basics options into the action field of the end page, after which time I can see the contents of the variable(s)?
Co Colnem 03 Nov, 2022
Answer
You 'll never see the CF7 variables - like {var:my_var} - builded in the start_page in the end_page after submit.
You 'll see only the datas. Datas are the values of the View Form fields value of the start_page.
​
If you want to see a variable {var:my var} builded in the start_page after submit, you have to use a Variable Action in the start page:
Data: name_of_the_data = {var:my var}
So your var is in the datas array and you can see it in the end_page.
gv gvannauw 03 Nov, 2022
perfect.. it worked!
thank you for the assistance
This topic is locked and no more replies can be posted.