CF 7 - Step by step instructions

pg pgrnycomdir 07 Oct, 2022
I am in dire need of directions. I have multiple forms that have to be redone rather quickly in CF 7. To date I have had no luck other than designing the form image.
​
I am trying to recreate all my forms live in my existing Joomla 3.xx, PHP 7.4 site. I cannot do a test site yet as our website changes hourly. I was hoping to get all forms working in CF7, then do a test site to convert to Joomla 4.x and PHP 8.0.
​
I am at my wits end. Someone please help!!!
​
I need step by step directions. One member sent me screen shots of how she did it, but apparently I am missing something.
​
1. All my forms must save the data to a data-table
2. All my forms must send a confirmation of the data to the user
3. All my forms require distribution of data to multiple email addresses
4. All my forms require a confirmation message to the screen after submitting
​
I am not a programmer, I don't understand PHP. I did one advance form for Contact. I cannot get the form to save the data to the data log or data-table I created using PHPMyAdmin. After submitting, nothing happens, the data sits on the screen. No confirmation message, no emails, so data-table save and no data log save.
​
Can anyone give me step by step instruction from the ground up??
​
Thank you in advance for any help.
Donna
Co Colnem 08 Oct, 2022
Hi
​
Can you speak french language?
pg pgrnycomdir 09 Oct, 2022
Colnem,
​
Unfortunately I do not speak French. BUT, the very good news is that through another member in this forum I have gotten the most simple form done and it is saving the data to a table, sending the email to the user, to the admin and sending a confirmation message to the screen!!
​
I am ecstatic!!!
​
Now, off to apply what I have learn to our most difficult forms. These other forms require sending multiple emails based on choices made in the form. In Chronoform 6.0 I used switches and since that does not exist anymore, I will need to figure out just how to do that.
​
Once all forms are complete, then it will be testing to see if everything works once I convert to Joomla 4.xx and PHP 8.0
​
I will keep you informed.
​
Thank you much,
Donna
no nokia_kid 17 Oct, 2022
Could you share the other members user name that gave you the help you required? I need lots of help before I dare move to v7 from v5!
This topic is locked and no more replies can be posted.