Calculation of fields in Chronoforms7

je jevago 25 Sep, 2022
My first post on this forum.
I'm currently working on a migration of Joomla 3 towards Joomla 4. On Joomla 3 I used Breezingforms, but since its not developed anymore I am looking for an alternative so I came to ChronoForms.
​
I've recreated my form but there are a couple of things which I am not able to get it working on ChronoForms. For example, I use calculation on fields in the form.
​
In breezingforms I used the following;
function ff_fd_volwassenen_action(element, action)
{
ff_getElementByName('fd_bedrag').value =
Number(ff_getElementByName('fd_volwassenen').value) * 24 +
Number(ff_getElementByName('fd_kinderen').value) * 15;
}
// ff_fd_volwassenen_action
​
Basicly it get the input of 2 fields, multiply it and sum it to a total.
​
Is this possible to get it working on ChronoForms?
Gr GreyHead 07 Oct, 2022
Hi jevago,
​
if you use the Advanced form type then there are Actions available where you can add Custom PHP or JavaScript to do tasks like this.
​
Bob
Co Colnem 08 Oct, 2022
IN a PHP Action use this:
​
To get a CF7 variable {var:my_var} in a PHP variable:
$varPhp1=$this->get("cf7_var", "");
​
To get a CF7 data {data:my_data] in a PHP variable:
$varPhp2=$this->data("data_field_name", default_value);
default_value may be 0 (numeric), "" (string), [ ] (array), ...
​
So you can use php o calculate, like this, for example
$varPhp3= $varPhp1 + 15 *$varPhp2;
​
Then to set a var CF7 with the result:
$this->set("cf7_var", $varPhp3);
​
To set a data CF7 with the result:
$this->data("data_field_name", $varPhp3,true);
This topic is locked and no more replies can be posted.