Attaching a TCPDF to an Email

ts tstone 09 Aug, 2022
Hi
​
I am new to Chronoforms, we are using CF7. I have managed to create the form we want and can get this to either receive an automatic confirmation email OR have it raise a PDF but it won't do both.
​
Is there a way to attach the raised TCPDF to an email acknowledging the form has been completed. I have been going through the forums but cannot find an answer.
​
Thank you
Gr GreyHead 10 Aug, 2022
Hi tstone,
​
Please check that you have the action to create the PDF before the Email action (otherwise the PDF won't exist when the email is sent). I think you will then need to add the PDF to the Email attachments.
​
Bob
​
PS It is sometimes better to include a download link to the PDF in the email as this can avoid problems with large attachments.
ts tstone 10 Aug, 2022
Hi Bob
​
Thanks for your response. I have tried that but all it does is raise a PDF, no email is sent. The only way I can get an email to send is if the email option goes first but as you say, the PDF has then not been created.
​
I have seen this come up from other users but wondered if there was a solution to it.
ts tstone 17 Aug, 2022
Just wondering if anyone has found a solution to the above - its frustrating to have designed a form but not be able to launch it because of this final step.
​
Any help would be gratefully received.
Ed Eddi Bournell 22 Oct, 2022
I do it like this:
On the last page in the Actions I save my data.
Into the success - section of the Save-Data-Action
I put
1. TCPDF -Action ( you find it under Advanced)
Storage Path: {path:root}/attachments/bill-{data:id_b}.pdf
({path:root} is a CF7-shortcode, id_b is a unique dynamic identifier, its not necessary, if you only have one pdf.document)
and next
2. E-Mail - Action.
In the Advanced-Section of the E-Mail-Action I choose "Attachements"
-> Add New Attachements .
Here I use the same StoragePath as in TCPDF-Action: {path:root}/attachments/bill-{data:id_b}.pdf
----
The image-Upload does not work here.(Max??) Send a personal messageto me, if you need screenshots
This topic is locked and no more replies can be posted.