ChronoForms V7 SPAM with human spammers

an annette_s 24 Jan, 2022
Hello
​
I have problems with human spammers over the contactform. Is there a possibility to add this human spammers to a blacklist?

Thanks for your help.
Gr GreyHead 27 Jan, 2022
Hi annette,
​
Yes, you can use an Event Switcher action on Submit and use code there to identify spammers, then ignore those that show positive. You can check emails and/or IP addresses against a list saved in an array or a database table; and you can look for 'suspicious' content in the form replies.
​
Note: If you are using a 'Contact' form then you will need to switch the form setting to 'Advanced' to get access to the actions.
​
Bob
an annette_s 27 Jan, 2022
Hi Bob
​
Many thanks for your answer. I'm not so friendly with Chronoforms 7 so far 😀 Can you tell me where and how I use the Events Switcher on Submit?
​
What do you mean with: "Note: If you are using a 'Contact' form then you will need to switch the form setting to 'Advanced' to get access to the actions." Is this "Advanced" or where can I find it?
​
ChronoForms V7 SPAM with human spammers image 1
​
I really appreciate your help.
Annette
Gr GreyHead 01 Feb, 2022
Hi Annette,
​
Your image shows the overall ChronoForms settings. Please open your form, click the Settings Tag there and in the top box is a dropdown named Type. That is where you can set the form to be a basic Contact form or an Advanced form.
​
That said, sad to say, I don't see an Event Switcher in CFv7, the previous versions have had this option built in. I guess that you would need to use Custom PHP to filter the submissions. Or perhaps you can do that with the Validation settings???
​
Bob
This topic is locked and no more replies can be posted.