Send different email depending on drop-down selection

fu funkyrhino 02 Nov, 2021
Hi there,
​
In Chronoforms 5 we want to build a form that sends an email depending on what the user selects on a drop-down.
​
So, if user selects drop-down A, the user is sent email A. If user selects B, they get sent email B.
​
I've looked on forum and can't find anything but I did find this;
https://www.chronoengine.com/faqs/52-cfv4/cfv4-emails/2603-how-can-i-send-an-email-to-different-addresses.html
​
On an older post, Greyhead mentioned that the code that was used in the above, an also be easily adapted to work with a different email. (https://www.chronoengine.com/forums/posts/t102685/how-to-set-different-actions-based-on-dropdown-choice)
​
How would I use similar code to set which email is sent, based on the user's selection on the drop-down field?
​
Thanks in advance for your help!

Cheers,

Matt
Gr GreyHead 03 Nov, 2021
Hi Matt,
​
I'd suggest that you use an event switcher to react to the drop-down selection. You could include an email action in each event; or you could create and save some or all of the email body and include that in an email after the switcher.
​
Bob
fu funkyrhino 03 Nov, 2021
Hi Bob,
​
Thanks very much for getting back to me so quickly.
​
Is there a guide or some instructions on how to use the Event Switcher? Does CF5 have a user guide with relevant references to using the Event Switcher tool?
​
If you could please point me in the right direction, that would be great.
​
Many thanks,

Matt
This topic is locked and no more replies can be posted.