Get dropdown text instead of value for email

mw mwillburger 25 Jun, 2021
I have a dynamic dropdown in my form with option value {var:Category.id} and option text {var:Category.title} which is fetched from the categories table. At the end of the form, I want to email the user, including the selected option in the email text.
​
How can I include the text of a selected dropdown in the email? The dynamic dropdown value is accessible via {data.my_dropdown}, but how do I get the text?
​
I found this entry about alternative data, but didn't really work out if this would be a solution or how this works with dynamic data.
Gr GreyHead 26 Jun, 2021
Hi mwillburger,
​
Reading Max's reply in the other thread it does sound as if that is the solution for static values. Have you tried it?
​
For dynamic data it may be simpler to load the data then either save the values to the current user session and recover them on Submit; or you can just look up the submitted value(s) using a Data Read action.
​
Bob
he healyhatman 28 Jun, 2021
Read the database again, using the value of the dropdown.
This topic is locked and no more replies can be posted.