Forums

How to create PDF from form?

jeriecke 20 Jan, 2021
I just purchased ChronoForms7 and the landing page said that I would be able to
"Create PDF files Easily create PDF files out of your form content"

I'm wondering how. I cannot find a manual for ChronoForms7, the video tutorials do not have it as a topic, I checked the forms and I still can't find an answer that works.

From (dated 2013) http://www.chronoengine.com/faqs/4133-how-can-i-create-a-pdf-including-form-results-.html it says to "Once you have the action zip file install it into ChronoForms on your site using the Install Action icon on the ChronoForms Forms Manager toolbar. The action will then be available as the 'HTML to PDF' action in the TCPDF actions group on the form Actions tab."

I do not see an install action icon on the Forms Manager toolbar. Maybe it was there in the earlier versions but I do not see it on 7.

What I want to be able to do - I want users to be able to fill out their form, sign, attach files if needed and either have a pdf sent to a specific email or/and create an e-mail for them to download. Is this possible?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you
Max_admin 04 Feb, 2021
Answer
Hi,

You will need to download the TCPDF action for v7 from the Chronoforms downloads page, then install that file using the "Extend" page in v7 admin area!

Once done, you can use the TCPDF action in an advanced form, fill PDF template and it will create a PDF file!
Max
ChronoForms developer...
Did you try ChronoMyAdmin for managing your Joomla database tables ?
jeriecke 04 Feb, 2021
I found it! Thank you, I was using the Contact Form option (simplified) - so I didn't see it.
gurucachoo 19 May, 2022
Sorry for the year and three month response to this comment. I currently have a paid version of Chronoforms 7 for Wordpress. Is the TCPDF action also available for Wordpress?
You need to login to be able to post a reply.