Forums

Issue with date format in CF7

hpeterse 05 Dec, 2020
I've created a calender form field in CF7 with display and real format DD/MM/YYYY. When I enter a date value 5/12/2020, CF7 interprets this a the 12th of may 2020 instead of the 5th of december 2020. After entering the data, CF7 changes the data into 12/5/2020. I think this is a bug.
Max_admin 05 Dec, 2020
how do "enter" the date value ? you type in the field ?
Max
ChronoForms developer...
Did you try ChronoMyAdmin for managing your Joomla database tables ?
hpeterse 07 Jan, 2021
Just updated CF7 to 7.0.7, but this bug with the date-format is still not solved. Hope you can solve it in next release.

Regards, Hans
gerardBolhuis1964 03 Feb, 2023
i put in date 8 febr 2023 it shows 8/2/2023

please put in the european date format dd-mm-yyyy
Max_admin 17 Feb, 2023
You can format dates with the syntax provided!
Max
ChronoForms developer...
lars.hillen@gmail.com 05 Mar, 2023
I have the same problem. I used the format DD.MM.YYYY, nonetheless it is changed to english format, when entering the inputfield.
Max_admin 18 Mar, 2023
Answer
I put "DD.MM.YYYY" in the display format and it shows "18.03.2023"
Max
ChronoForms developer...
lars.hillen@gmail.com 18 Mar, 2023
I think you didn't comprehend the problem (anyway like I have).
The (european) format and the value is right after entering via date picker. But when the user - after that - enters the input field (clicks on it), the format changes, so the value gets wrong.
Max_admin 04 Apr, 2023
what if you add a mask to the field to force a specific value format or make it read only ?
Max
ChronoForms developer...
lars.hillen@gmail.com 04 Apr, 2023
I think both, 'value mask' an 'read only' are options that are only available for 'text'-fields not for 'calendar'-fields.
Rollo71 05 Apr, 2023
1 Likes
I too had this problem.
You can make the field 'calendar' readonly by adding the 'HTML Tag Attribute' task in the INTERFACE and setting a custom HTML Attribute with the following values 'readonly true'.
In display mode remember to select 'Popup Calendar'.
This forces the user to use the calendar to select the date and does not allow him to enter it manually, thus avoiding the error encountered.
Gatsman 15 Apr, 2023
I also have this problem, it's good if this solution works for you and by all means use it but i don't think we should force the user to use only the popup calendar, some people for their own reasons (even accessibility issues) want and should be able to use the keyboard.
This should be addressed and solved at some point.
You need to login to be able to post a reply.