How to edit and save updated record from the database

il ilansch 20 Aug, 2020
Hello,
​
I'm using CF6 and I have a long form (lot's of fields) and want to be able to edit the saved records.
​
I tried to follow the following howto:
​
https://www.chronoengine.com/faqs/60-cfv4/cfv4-working-with-the-database/2674-how-can-i-edit-a-record-from-a-database-table.html
​
It seems to explain that you basically create a copy of your form, setup a read data action correctly and you can with it update existing records.
​
The problem is that from CF4 to CF6 there are too many differences on the read data action and I can't figure out what corresponds to what.
​
- Has someone been able to set this up in CF6 that could "translate" that howto to CF6 jargon?
​
- Does each field in the form need to be updated to read it's corresponding value from the database or somehow it happens "automatically"?
​
Thanks in advance.
This topic is locked and no more replies can be posted.