V6 e-mail attachment

Attach a PDF file to a ChronoForms email response.

Overview

The issue occurs when using an incorrect file path format in the CF email action's attachment field.
Ensure you use the full server path, not a web URL, in the Attachments list. Enable the debugger to verify the path and troubleshoot if emails fail to send.

Answered
ChronoForms v6
Pi Pietervoo 08 May, 2020
Hello,
​
I'm trying to attach a standard pdf file to the e-mail response users receive when submitting a form.
​
I've entered 'file1' in the list attachement.
​
I'm using this custom code before the e-mail options: [pre]<?php
$form->files["file1"]["path"] = "images/documents/file1";>[/pre]
Is there anything I'm missing?
​
Cheers, [br]Pieter
Gr GreyHead 08 May, 2020
Hi Pieter,
​
You can add it directly in the Attachments list box of the email action - but it needs to be a *full* path - yours does not include the first part before images/
​
Bob
Pi Pietervoo 08 May, 2020
Hi Bob,
​
Thanks for your reply. I've tried to add the full path to the attachment list. But when I submit the form the e-mail somehow doesn't come through anymore.
​
Pieter
Gr GreyHead 08 May, 2020
Hi Pieter,
​
Please enable the Debugger and copy and paste the Debugger output here.
​
Bob
Max_admin Max_admin 08 May, 2020
Answer
The path to file in the attachments should be a server path, you are using a web path here and that will not work!
Max, ChronoForms developer
ChronoMyAdmin: Database administration within Joomla, no phpMyAdmin needed.
ChronoMails simplifies Joomla email: newsletters, logging, and custom templates.
Pi Pietervoo 13 May, 2020
Hi Max,
​
What exactly is the difference between a server path and a web path?
​
Pieter
Max_admin Max_admin 14 May, 2020
web path is like http://www.whatever.com/file.pdf
​
But a server path will usually be like C:/file.pdf or /public_html/files/file.pdf
Max, ChronoForms developer
ChronoMyAdmin: Database administration within Joomla, no phpMyAdmin needed.
ChronoMails simplifies Joomla email: newsletters, logging, and custom templates.
This topic is locked and no more replies can be posted.